Tedworth Hunt Point to Point is back at Barbury this weekend.
Somerset trainer Sam Loxton is hoping the ground will be suitable to let Virak take his chance in the JM Finn Tedworth Gold Cup Mixed Open at the Tedworth Hunt meeting at Barbury Racecourse on Sunday.
The Jockey Club wants to build two new, all weather horse race training tracks in Lambourn. Top trainers have thrown their weight behind the plans.
The Point to Point season is upon us, with action on Saturday, January 22 at Larkhill Racecourse.
The Royal Artillery hold their annual Point to Point at Larkhill and this is the fourth meeting at the popular Wiltshire course this season with an entry of 82 horses for the seven races.
More chaff? More mash? What kind? How much? When?
Questions about what constitutes an ideal and practical diet for horses consume and confuse many owners.
Broad Hinton based trainer Andy Turnell has died age 73.
Andy was the most stylish jump jockey of his generation and a key player from the golden era of 1970s hurdlers thanks to his association with Birds Nest.
Father and son join forces at Beckhampton Stables - Training Partnership announced between Roger and Harry Charlton
After 31 years in charge at Beckhampton, Roger Charlton has announced he will be sharing the reins with son Harry.
It will make Harry the eighth trainer since 1835.
Roger Charlton has been in charge at Beckhampton since 1990, having taken over from Jeremy Tree and started with instant success with winning the English and French Derby that year.
Trainer Jonjo ONeil is hoping that Cloth Cap can bag another victory in the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury on November 27
More Articles ...
- Newbury Racecourse to support racing staff week at Virgin Bet Flat Finale
- We visit Neil King's Barbury yard and meet up with new Assistant Trainer, Hetta Stevens
- Charity pilot to introduce former racehorse Ouzbeck to Marlborough Care Home Residents
- Wiltshire Show is open for entries in all classes
- Tack shop turns from hobby to business success
- Major Equine Clinic Application for Poulton Hill presented to Town Council Planning Committee
- Newbury Races: Sam Spinner renews rivalry with Paisley Park in Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle
- Newbury Racecourse: 2020 renewal of the Ladbrokes Trophy looks a wide open race
- Newbury: Ladbrokes gallops morning to be broadcast live on Racing TV - free to air
- Newbury Races: entries announced for Ladbrokes Trophy - can De Rasher Counter win again?
- After eventing's COVID hit season, there's finally a 5* star contest - in France
- Their wedding postponed, Olympic dreams on hold, but 2020 isn’t all bad for local eventing duo Jesse Campbell & Georgie Strang
- Newbury Racecourse: Cairn Gorm looking for local success in Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Unibet return to sponsor two-day Hungerford Meeting at Newbury Racecourse
- Newbury Racecourse: 25 declared for Weatherbys Super Sprint with Get It the favourite
- Barbury Horse Trials open the much curtailed eventing season - without the crowds
- Brian Meehan Racing Club's two-year-old Tanfantic wins his first race
- In July Barbury Horse Trials will reopen the British eventing season - behind closed doors
- Newbury welcomes return of horse racing with three-day restart fixture
- Locally trained Newbury star De Rasher Counter now has a full brother
- COVID-19 RESPONSE: Newbury Racecourse adds kitchens, staff & more to meet meals on wheels demand for vulnerable elderly in West Berkshire
- Patagonian adventure: Clare King comes second in the first Gaucho Derby
- Coronavirus: Barbury Racecourse loses second point-to-point as season is shut down
- Event Rider Masters cancels 2020 series due to Impact of coronavirus pandemic
- Greatwood Charity's Newbury events re-scheduled - amateur riders race & their raceday
- Brian Meehan launches racing club for 2020's Flat season - the horse has been chosen but not his name
- Newbury's Mencap meeting: Pipe ponders Cheltenham targets for Brinkley and Richard Johnson's winning again
- It'll be the challenge of her life: after racing in Mongolia, Clare King's tackling the Patagonian Andes for a children's cancer charity
- Newbury racing: Paul Nicholls sends out three in bid for tenth Greatwood Gold Cup
- Newbury's leap year’s day meeting: will Bennys King rule - on a day when anything can happen?
- Olivia May’s Newbury Racecourse debut - in aid of the Greatwood Charity
- Newbury: Pic d’Orhy pulls off surprise victory for Nicholls in £155,000 Betfair Hurdle...
- Newbury races: Jonjo O’Neill jr relishing ride on Gold Cup winner Native River in Betfair Denman Chase triple bid
- Jonny Burke on his 'tough ask' as Not So Sleepy tackles £100,000 Betfair bonus challenge
- Altior ready to prove himself again as Henderson aims for hat-trick in Newbury's Betfair Exchange Chase
- Point-to-point preview: record number of entries for Sunday's Vine & Craven meeting at Barbury Racecourse
- Morrison hoping it could be Sleepy time at Newbury on Saturday as hurdler chases £100,000 bonus
- Pointing: young trainer Chloe Boxall is going places - with her string of six horses
- St John's equestrians start 2020 with qualifications for summer contests
- Barbury Racecourse: Vine & Craven point-to-point gets a new race - the stable staff dash
- Lavelle finds Betfair Hurdle prize too valuable to ignore for emerging hurdler Highly Prized
- Your Darling compared to the great Best Mate after winning bumper debut at Newbury
- Trainer Hughie Morrison mulls £100,000 bonus as Not So Sleepy given Betfair Hurdle entry
- Wilton Horse Trials announce their new title sponsor
- Thyme Hill favourite for Albert Bartlett after Betway Challow Hurdle win at Newbury
- Lavelle hoping to taste yet more Newbury success with Eclair Surf in the Betway Challow Hurdle
- Hobbs hopes it’s Thyme for another Challow Hurdle success as Hill aims for Newbury’s Grade 1 race
- POINT-TO-POINTING FEATURE: Sara Bradstock on her riding career & the sport she loves - daughter Lily tells of her ambitions
- Grand National runner-up Magic Of Light claims second win in Newbury Listed Chase
- Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders