Hetta Stevens is the new assistant trainer with Neil King at Barbury. The Wroughton trainer is also aiming to build on success with jockey Bryony Frost over the Winter. Bryony showed up at Neil’s Ridgeway Racing yard at Upper Hersdwick Farm on the Marlborough Downs on Sunday.
Back by popular demand for a second event this year
Due to popular demand, the organisers of The Wiltshire Show have agreed to hold a second show this year during the weekend of 25 and 26 September.
The Application for development of the Equine Clinic at Poulton Mill was discussed on Monday evening at the Town Council’s Planning Committee meeting. Planning reference: PL/2021/04663
Dr Andre Buthe, owner of the site and applicant along with his wife Dr Christna Ober, was present at the meeting to present the proposals and answer questions from Councillors of the committee and also members of the public present.
A total of 19 horses have held their ground for the 2020 Ladbrokes Trophy (Saturday, 28 November) following the five-day confirmation stage, with David Bridgwater’s The Conditional and Scottish raider, Aye Right currently joint favourite with the sponsors at 7/1, for what is shaping up to be another highly competitive renewal of the famous handicap.
Racing charities Greatwood and Retraining of Racehorses (RoR) are working with the Racing Together team to deliver a pilot programme at OSJCT Coombe End Court care home in Marlborough.
Greatwood - based on the outskirts of Marlborough- was the first charity to use former racehorses to educate children, young people and adults with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
Wootton Bassett’s Hat 2 Hoof in line for top award
Hat 2 Hoof has rapidly turned into a horse and pony rider’s Mecca in Wiltshire.
Now, four and a half years after opening in the Old Post Office in Broad Hinton, the store, and its owner Terri Hemmings have been nominated for a top award – to her complete surprise.
Sam Spinner, runner-up to Paisley Park in last year’s Stayers’ Hurdle, returns to hurdles for only the second time since the 2019 Cheltenham Festival for a renewal of the Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle that features the last two winners of this three mile crown.
, 17 November at Newbury Racecourse as the official Gallops morning takes place with key contenders ahead of the Grade 3 Ladbrokes Trophy - which will be run on Saturday, 28 November 2020.The countdown to the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival starts on Tuesday
More Articles ...
- Newbury Races: entries announced for Ladbrokes Trophy - can De Rasher Counter win again?
- After eventing's COVID hit season, there's finally a 5* star contest - in France
- Their wedding postponed, Olympic dreams on hold, but 2020 isn’t all bad for local eventing duo Jesse Campbell & Georgie Strang
- Newbury Racecourse: Cairn Gorm looking for local success in Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Unibet return to sponsor two-day Hungerford Meeting at Newbury Racecourse
- Newbury Racecourse: 25 declared for Weatherbys Super Sprint with Get It the favourite
- Barbury Horse Trials open the much curtailed eventing season - without the crowds
- Brian Meehan Racing Club's two-year-old Tanfantic wins his first race
- In July Barbury Horse Trials will reopen the British eventing season - behind closed doors
- Newbury welcomes return of horse racing with three-day restart fixture
- Locally trained Newbury star De Rasher Counter now has a full brother
- COVID-19 RESPONSE: Newbury Racecourse adds kitchens, staff & more to meet meals on wheels demand for vulnerable elderly in West Berkshire
- Patagonian adventure: Clare King comes second in the first Gaucho Derby
- Coronavirus: Barbury Racecourse loses second point-to-point as season is shut down
- Event Rider Masters cancels 2020 series due to Impact of coronavirus pandemic
- Greatwood Charity's Newbury events re-scheduled - amateur riders race & their raceday
- Brian Meehan launches racing club for 2020's Flat season - the horse has been chosen but not his name
- Newbury's Mencap meeting: Pipe ponders Cheltenham targets for Brinkley and Richard Johnson's winning again
- It'll be the challenge of her life: after racing in Mongolia, Clare King's tackling the Patagonian Andes for a children's cancer charity
- Newbury racing: Paul Nicholls sends out three in bid for tenth Greatwood Gold Cup
- Newbury's leap year’s day meeting: will Bennys King rule - on a day when anything can happen?
- Olivia May’s Newbury Racecourse debut - in aid of the Greatwood Charity
- Newbury: Pic d’Orhy pulls off surprise victory for Nicholls in £155,000 Betfair Hurdle...
- Newbury races: Jonjo O’Neill jr relishing ride on Gold Cup winner Native River in Betfair Denman Chase triple bid
- Jonny Burke on his 'tough ask' as Not So Sleepy tackles £100,000 Betfair bonus challenge
- Altior ready to prove himself again as Henderson aims for hat-trick in Newbury's Betfair Exchange Chase
- Point-to-point preview: record number of entries for Sunday's Vine & Craven meeting at Barbury Racecourse
- Morrison hoping it could be Sleepy time at Newbury on Saturday as hurdler chases £100,000 bonus
- Pointing: young trainer Chloe Boxall is going places - with her string of six horses
- St John's equestrians start 2020 with qualifications for summer contests
- Barbury Racecourse: Vine & Craven point-to-point gets a new race - the stable staff dash
- Lavelle finds Betfair Hurdle prize too valuable to ignore for emerging hurdler Highly Prized
- Your Darling compared to the great Best Mate after winning bumper debut at Newbury
- Trainer Hughie Morrison mulls £100,000 bonus as Not So Sleepy given Betfair Hurdle entry
- Wilton Horse Trials announce their new title sponsor
- Thyme Hill favourite for Albert Bartlett after Betway Challow Hurdle win at Newbury
- Lavelle hoping to taste yet more Newbury success with Eclair Surf in the Betway Challow Hurdle
- Hobbs hopes it’s Thyme for another Challow Hurdle success as Hill aims for Newbury’s Grade 1 race
- POINT-TO-POINTING FEATURE: Sara Bradstock on her riding career & the sport she loves - daughter Lily tells of her ambitions
- Grand National runner-up Magic Of Light claims second win in Newbury Listed Chase
- Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders
- PREVIEW: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point attracts a record entry
- Newbury Racecourse: attendance up for both Ladbrokes Winter Carnival days
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Trophy: De Rasher Counter brings home the bacon on memorable weekend for local trainer Emma Lavelle
- Ladbrokes Winter Festival at Newbury: Paisley Park returns in triumph - defeating Thistlecrack in Friday feature race
- Newbury Races: Full house as Elegant Escape heads maximum field of 24 for £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- Ladbrokes Trophy hope De Rasher Counter is a real local interest - both bred and trained very near Marlborough
- A dead cert Christmas book: Anne Holland celebrates The Grand National
- St John’s Academy equestrian squad goes from strength to strength
- Newbury's morning gallops ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival sees AP back in the saddle - on the favourite