With the point-to-point season in full - if wet - swing and with racing again at Barbury Racecourse on February 9 (The Vine and Craven meeting), Jake Exelby visits young point-to-point trainer Chloe Boxall in Lambourn.
POINT-TO-POINTING FEATURE: Sara Bradstock on her riding career & the sport she loves - daughter Lily tells of her ambitions
Sara Bradstock is steeped in the sports of horse racing and point-to-pointing.
How the Elite Racing Club - and its partner syndicates - can make racehorse ownership into an affordable hobby
When the Elite Racing Club was established over 26 years ago, racehorse ownership was very much a privilege enjoyed by a wealthy few…or should I say elite?
A Victorian 'DUEL': the young aristocrat won the girl & gambled away a fortune as her jilted fiancé sought revenge at England's racecourses
But the goings on in the racing world of the Victorian era were on a different scale altogether.When - over an August breakfast - you read Racing Post's front page screaming 'UNETHICAL' and 'UNLAWFUL' (in careful quotation marks) you tend to sit up.
A 16.3 hands grey gelding, he is now 10 years old.With next season's jump stars coming back into training from their summer months out at grass, it is a good time to look at the new career of the former and very popular jump racing star Saphir du Rheu.
It is vital for them to get competitions in before the major events - Badminton (May 1-5) comes up pretty quickly.Like racing trainers, as their season gets underway, Britain's eventers are looking obsessively at weather forecasts.
CHELTENHAM PREVIEW: How do I get to Ogbourne Maizey? Where? Bonita Racing Stables? Oh, just ask for Paisley Park
The Emma Lavelle Racing stables - aka Bonita Racing Stables and currently Ogbourne Maizey's main attraction - have had dozens of visitors over the past few weeks.
Newbury Racecourse's meeting on Wednesday (January 16) will be the first overseen by their new Clark of the Course, Keith Ottesen.
More Articles ...
- Driving solo from west Wales to Mongolia raising funds for charity - with a stop-off to meet a local para-equestrian
- Eventing profile: after a year in the Marlborough area & a good season, Georgie Strang looks to next year's challenges
- Newbury racing: Ian Balding remembers Mill Reef - fifty years after the great horse's birth
- My ride in Glorious Goodwood's 2018 Magnolia Cup - the premier charity race for amateur women riders
- Local artist's Drinking Horse sculpture gets its own winner's enclosure at Newbury Racecourse
- Luke Harvey talks about riding, owning & training point-to-point horses - his love for the sport & its future
- She's the official - and ace - photographer for Newbury Racecourse - known generally as 'Smiler'
- The pony who's surviving Equine Grass Sickness - a relatively unknown, but often fatal condition
- Marlborough trainer Emma Lavelle's new jumps season gets off the mark at Ffos Las
- Interview: Local Flat jockey Jimmy Fortune on his career and why he decided to retire
- Still re-inventing eventing: how Event Rider Masters is opening up the sport
- Michelle Williamson runs the White Horse Livery - & really enjoyed her first three star eventing at Barbury
- SUPPORTING THE EQUESTRIAN INDUSTRY: how Chapel Forge Farriers & their apprentices provide an equine podiatry service from foal to racehorse
- Badminton call heralds breakthrough for Lissa Green and Ali G
- Retraining of Racehorses: the story of the stellar second career of Marlborough owned & trained racehorse Beware Chalk Pit
- The Queen watches Wiltshire PCSO Annabel Twiddy and Donnerbolzen's winning rounds
- Grand National hope The Druid's Nephew highlights James' success story at Cheltenham
- An apprentice’s diary from the World Equestrian Games 2014