Lambourn based Clive Cox is aiming to win THE Weatherbys Super Sprint for the first time with Get It, who was most recently placed fourth in the Windsor Castle Stakes at Royal Ascot and is a general 5-1 joint favourite for the race with betting partner, bet365.
This was a 'behind close doors' programme shortened to two days - Saturday & Sunday 11 & 12 July - and held in wonderful sunny weather.It was a very different looking Barbury Castle Estate venue for the very belated opening of the eventing season after the Covid-19 lockdown.
Barbury Horse Trials will be kicking off the return of the British eventing season next month - organised as last year by Musketeer Event Management.
With the birth of a foal at Karina Casini's national hunt stud farm near Marlborough, the winner of Newbury Racecourse's 2019 Ladbrokes Trophy Chase De Rasher Counter has gained a full brother.
And back to the rigours of the coronavirus - the effects of which she had not heard about while in deepest Patagonia - and the shut down of horse racing across the UK.Clare King is now home at Barbury Castle from her adventurous ride in Patagonia - back to husband jumps trainer Neil King and their two children.
we reported on a locally trained hope for the new Flat season. Hopes were high for a new recruit to Brian Meehan's Manton yard.Back at the beginning of March, before the equestrian world found itself behind closed doors, then in lockdown and now once again behind closed doors,
A finalised order of running, as well as sponsorship details for this week’s three-day restart fixture has been announced.Racing returns to Newbury Racecourse this Thursday (June 11) - behind closed doors.
COVID-19 RESPONSE: Newbury Racecourse adds kitchens, staff & more to meet meals on wheels demand for vulnerable elderly in West Berkshire
They have launched a partnership with Age Concern Newbury & District and Swift Couriers to feed the most vulnerable elderly in West Berkshire during the COVID-19 crisis.Just because there is no racing, Newbury Racecourse have not stopped helping their neighbours.
Point-to-point racing in Britain has been shut down for the 2019-20 season - due to the coronavirus pandemic.
More Articles ...
- Event Rider Masters cancels 2020 series due to Impact of coronavirus pandemic
- Greatwood Charity's Newbury events re-scheduled - amateur riders race & their raceday
- Brian Meehan launches racing club for 2020's Flat season - the horse has been chosen but not his name
- Newbury's Mencap meeting: Pipe ponders Cheltenham targets for Brinkley and Richard Johnson's winning again
- It'll be the challenge of her life: after racing in Mongolia, Clare King's tackling the Patagonian Andes for a children's cancer charity
- Newbury racing: Paul Nicholls sends out three in bid for tenth Greatwood Gold Cup
- Newbury's leap year’s day meeting: will Bennys King rule - on a day when anything can happen?
- Olivia May’s Newbury Racecourse debut - in aid of the Greatwood Charity
- Newbury: Pic d’Orhy pulls off surprise victory for Nicholls in £155,000 Betfair Hurdle...
- Newbury races: Jonjo O’Neill jr relishing ride on Gold Cup winner Native River in Betfair Denman Chase triple bid
- Jonny Burke on his 'tough ask' as Not So Sleepy tackles £100,000 Betfair bonus challenge
- Altior ready to prove himself again as Henderson aims for hat-trick in Newbury's Betfair Exchange Chase
- Point-to-point preview: record number of entries for Sunday's Vine & Craven meeting at Barbury Racecourse
- Morrison hoping it could be Sleepy time at Newbury on Saturday as hurdler chases £100,000 bonus
- Pointing: young trainer Chloe Boxall is going places - with her string of six horses
- St John's equestrians start 2020 with qualifications for summer contests
- Barbury Racecourse: Vine & Craven point-to-point gets a new race - the stable staff dash
- Lavelle finds Betfair Hurdle prize too valuable to ignore for emerging hurdler Highly Prized
- Your Darling compared to the great Best Mate after winning bumper debut at Newbury
- Trainer Hughie Morrison mulls £100,000 bonus as Not So Sleepy given Betfair Hurdle entry
- Wilton Horse Trials announce their new title sponsor
- Thyme Hill favourite for Albert Bartlett after Betway Challow Hurdle win at Newbury
- Lavelle hoping to taste yet more Newbury success with Eclair Surf in the Betway Challow Hurdle
- Hobbs hopes it’s Thyme for another Challow Hurdle success as Hill aims for Newbury’s Grade 1 race
- POINT-TO-POINTING FEATURE: Sara Bradstock on her riding career & the sport she loves - daughter Lily tells of her ambitions
- Grand National runner-up Magic Of Light claims second win in Newbury Listed Chase
- Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders
- PREVIEW: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point attracts a record entry
- Newbury Racecourse: attendance up for both Ladbrokes Winter Carnival days
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Trophy: De Rasher Counter brings home the bacon on memorable weekend for local trainer Emma Lavelle
- Ladbrokes Winter Festival at Newbury: Paisley Park returns in triumph - defeating Thistlecrack in Friday feature race
- Newbury Races: Full house as Elegant Escape heads maximum field of 24 for £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- Ladbrokes Trophy hope De Rasher Counter is a real local interest - both bred and trained very near Marlborough
- A dead cert Christmas book: Anne Holland celebrates The Grand National
- St John’s Academy equestrian squad goes from strength to strength
- Newbury's morning gallops ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival sees AP back in the saddle - on the favourite
- NEWBURY RACECOURSE: OUR LADBROKES TROPHY DAY COMPETITION - the five winners are...
- Emma Lavelle Racing: picking up speed for the new jump season - & a visit from the neighbours
- Champ extends unbeaten record at Newbury with impressive first win over fences
- Hannon's three international raiders go unplaced
- Paisley Park to gallop before racing at Newbury on Thursday
- Jump racing comes back to Newbury - & local trainers are eager for the 'OFF'
- Home and away: Richard Hannon looks for big winners in Australia and the USA
- Ladbrokes Trophy: showtime for 69-strong syndicate hoping to see Cabaret Queen crowned for a day
- Shock as top local jump jockey Wayne Hutchinson retires
- Eventing: first CCI5* title for Tom McEwen - another ducking for Tim Price
- Bettys Hope Super Sprint success voted ‘Moment of the Season’ after outstanding Flat campaign at Newbury
- Alan King’s Trueshan looks stayer of the future after gutsy triumph in £50,000 Newbury feature
- They're back! Newbury's 2018 dead-heaters to face each other again in the course's last Flat card of the season
- COMPETITION: win tickets to Newbury Racecourse's big jumps day - the Ladbrokes Trophy