The major fixture on France’s eventing calendar, and one of just six 5* events around the globe, Les 5 Ètoiles de Pau was contested over the weekend by a world class, international field.
Bettys Hope Super Sprint success voted ‘Moment of the Season’ after outstanding Flat campaign at Newbury
Newbury’s final Flat raceday (Saturday, October 26) may have been abandoned, but the Berkshire course still wanted to acknowledge the season’s leading contenders.
They're back! Newbury's 2018 dead-heaters to face each other again in the course's last Flat card of the season
Young Rascal and Morando, who dead-heated in the Teddington RBL Poppy Appeal Stakes 12 monthsago, face each other for the first time since that meeting in a
rematch for the Group 3 prize atNewbury on Saturday (October 26) - the race once known as the St Simon Stakes.
Tim Price has added another top trophy to the cabinet with a win in the in the CCIYH3*-L for seven-year-olds at the FEI Eventing World Breeding Championships at Mondial du Lion in France (16-20 October 2019).
This year’s International Equestrian Federation Eventing Nations Cup in the Netherlands, the 2019 series final, was particularly hotly contested, with many combinations chasing Olympic qualification and a team ticket to Tokyo 2020 up for grabs.
Despite the testing ground conditions Trueshan and Hamish confirmed themselves two emergent stayers when they fought out a sustained duel for the £50,000 British European Fund Conditions Stakes at Newbury on Friday (October 25).
Newbury Racecourse are kindly giving marlborough.news and marlboroughequestrian.news five pairs of tickets for the Saturday (November 30) of their Ladbrokes Winter Carnival - that's the day of the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy.
Champions Day: Withhold has earned the chance to take on Stradivarius, but ground concerns in-form Jason Watson
Newbury Racecourse Ambassador Jason Watson reflects on the biggest moment of his career so far and looks forward to Qipco British Champions Day:
In her native Australia, Christine Bates is known to many as the Comeback Kid, having encountered a series of devastating setbacks and, each time, returned to the very top of her sport with the beautiful, but quirky Adelaide Hill - Spooks to his friends.
More Articles ...
- Newbury rounds off its Flat season with awards - including one you can vote for
- Worthington’s 'remember together' family raceday returns to Newbury Racecourse
- Emma Lavelle has a plan for Paisley Park's new season - and lots of other exciting prospects
- How the Elite Racing Club - and its partner syndicates - can make racehorse ownership into an affordable hobby
- Going greener: The Energy Check to be an official partner of Newbury Racecourse
- Pierre Lapin emulates half-brother Harry Angel with victory in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Barbury Castle trainer Alan King's exciting Flat prospect: Tritonic wins at Newbury - a Derby prospect?
- Can Pierre Lapin follow in the footsteps of half-brother Harry Angel in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes?
- Good evening for outsiders at Salisbury's Friday 13 meeting
- Busy week at Salisbury with success for Emaraaty Ana in Tuesday's main race
- New star of the season Mums Tipple could top the bill in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Eventing: local Burghley champion lines up a trio to chase the 2019 crown
- Richard Hannon charity open day draws a large crowd - a chance to see behind the scenes & check out some star horses
- A Victorian 'DUEL': the young aristocrat won the girl & gambled away a fortune as her jilted fiancé sought revenge at England's racecourses
- Salisbury races: a 100-1 chance takes the opening race - a first win for Megan Trainor
- Victory for Lucy Jackson in Event Rider Masters' Irish leg : another New Zealand win
- Salisbury's 2-day summer meeting sees Oisin Murphy edge closer to clinching Champion Jockey title
- It’s not just the price tag: Glorious Journey bags biggest win in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- Newbury: Mulrennan spurns home comforts to steer Orlaith to Listed Byerley Stud success
- Elsworth star Sir Dancealot poised for history-making bid in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- August meeting: Unibet to sponsor Hungerford Day at Newbury racecourse
- Newbury: Richard Hannon records 4,458-1 five-timer to reach 100 wins for the year
- Eventing: Champagne win as Classic Moet Takes British Open title
- Supreme New Zealand eventer Sir Mark Todd retires - to concentrate on racing
- Al Shaqab extends sponsorship of Newbury's Lockinge Stakes to 2024
- Salisbury Races: an evening for favourites - and favourite songs
- Newbury Races: medic Mitchell becomes first person with one eye to ride in British horse race
- From jump racing star to eventing - is Saphir du Rheu's second career about to take off?
- Marlborough Town Council presentation acknowledges Tim and Jonelle Price's achievements
- Newbury: Millman’s bargain buy takes Weatherbys Super Sprint - & a great comeback for Roger Charlton's Withhold
- Just seconds away: Tim Price & Wesko miss victory at Aachen - New Zealand 2nd in the Nations' Cup
- Newbury: Shadn blooms to deliver Rose Bowl win for new Qatari owner
- Newbury’s Super Sprint Day could see the Melbourne Ten blazers jumping for joy
- Salisbury's Ladies Evening fields a 50-1 winner - and traditional Best Dressed contests
- Fellowes hopes Carnwennan will be too sharp for top rivals in Newbury's £100,000 Marsh Cup
- Barbury International 2019 - final day: the 'King of Barbury' regains his crown
- Barbury International Day Three: Andrew Nicholson wins again - on As Is
- Barbury International Day Two: local New Zealanders on song - but O'Connor takes the Open Novice class
- Day one of the 2019 Barbury International Horse Trials: the emphasis was on young event horse classes
- Salisbury's Bibury Cup goes to Desert Icon - by a neck
- Jonelle and Tim Price top the field at Event Rider Masters third leg competition in Belgium
- Barbury International Horse Trials: preparations well under way & "the grass is looking amazing"
- Father's Day racing at Salisbury sees Daddy's Daughter make her turf debut on just the right day
- Tim Price & Ascona keep Luhmuhlen's top honours in the family
- Newbury Races: She's in a class of her own - Antonia De Vega lands Johnnie Lewis Memorial race by four lengths
- She won the world's toughest, longest horse race - or pony race - and has written a compelling account of her victory
- Salisbury racecourse defies the weather to give punters a card with debuts and surprises
- Newbury: Antonia De Vega's new campaign starts in race last won by Sea Of Class
- Top of the world: Tim Price takes first place in the international eventing rankings
- Thirty days to go to 2019's Barbury International Horse Trials