.Magic Of Light, who came within two and three quarter lengths of denying Tiger Roll a second Grand National victory in April, launched her latest chasing campaign in the same manner as 12 months ago with a Listed race success at Newbury (December 18)
Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders
Exactly 100 competitors stepped up to the oche for the Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point at Barbury racecourse (December 15) and it was The Dellercheckout – named after a famous moment in darts – who hit the bullseye when landing the feature race, the 13-runner Plusvital Mixed Open.
For many the quality of the racing over Newbury Racecourse's two-day Ladbrokes Winter Carnival will last long in the memory - and the crowds to see it were bigger than ever.
Ladbrokes Winter Festival at Newbury: Paisley Park returns in triumph - defeating Thistlecrack in Friday feature race
.A huge weight of expectation was lifted off the shoulders of Ogbourne Maizey trainer Emma Lavelle after the champion staying hurdler Paisley Park made a winning return to action in the £50,000 Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle at Newbury on Friday (November 29)
Ladbrokes Trophy hope De Rasher Counter is a real local interest - both bred and trained very near Marlborough
He is trained by Emma Lavelle at the Bonita Racing Yard in Ogbourne Maizey and owned by a partnership that includes Andrew Gemmell - owner of Paisley Park.Of real local interest in Saturday's (November 30) running of the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury Racecourse, is seven year-old gelding De Rasher Counter.
The fourth renewal of the Barbury International Racing Club fixture meeting at Barbury Racecourse again draws together horses and riders from the UK and Ireland on a UK point-to-point course (Sunday, December 15 - first race now 11.00am.)
Newbury's Ladbrokes Trophy: De Rasher Counter brings home the bacon on memorable weekend for local trainer Emma Lavelle
Emma Lavelle - who trains at Ogbourne Maizey - enjoyed the most memorable weekend of her 20 year training career when De Rasher Counter captured the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury on Saturday (November 30), the day after her stable star Paisley Park made a winning return to action at the track.
Here's an ideal Christmas present for anyone interested in horses and racing: The Grand National - a Celebration of the World's Most Famous Horse Race by Anne Holland.
More Articles ...
- St John’s Academy equestrian squad goes from strength to strength
- Newbury's morning gallops ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival sees AP back in the saddle - on the favourite
- NEWBURY RACECOURSE: OUR LADBROKES TROPHY DAY COMPETITION - the five winners are...
- Emma Lavelle Racing: picking up speed for the new jump season - & a visit from the neighbours
- Champ extends unbeaten record at Newbury with impressive first win over fences
- Hannon's three international raiders go unplaced
- Paisley Park to gallop before racing at Newbury on Thursday
- Jump racing comes back to Newbury - & local trainers are eager for the 'OFF'
- Home and away: Richard Hannon looks for big winners in Australia and the USA
- Ladbrokes Trophy: showtime for 69-strong syndicate hoping to see Cabaret Queen crowned for a day
- Shock as top local jump jockey Wayne Hutchinson retires
- Eventing: first CCI5* title for Tom McEwen - another ducking for Tim Price
- Bettys Hope Super Sprint success voted ‘Moment of the Season’ after outstanding Flat campaign at Newbury
- Alan King’s Trueshan looks stayer of the future after gutsy triumph in £50,000 Newbury feature
- They're back! Newbury's 2018 dead-heaters to face each other again in the course's last Flat card of the season
- COMPETITION: win tickets to Newbury Racecourse's big jumps day - the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Tim Price triumphs in France with seven year-old Happy Boy
- Champions Day: Withhold has earned the chance to take on Stradivarius, but ground concerns in-form Jason Watson
- Eventing: Marlborough locals bring home the Boekelo bacon
- Eventing: Christine Bates is flying high again on Adelaide Hill
- Newbury rounds off its Flat season with awards - including one you can vote for
- Worthington’s 'remember together' family raceday returns to Newbury Racecourse
- Emma Lavelle has a plan for Paisley Park's new season - and lots of other exciting prospects
- How the Elite Racing Club - and its partner syndicates - can make racehorse ownership into an affordable hobby
- Going greener: The Energy Check to be an official partner of Newbury Racecourse
- Pierre Lapin emulates half-brother Harry Angel with victory in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Barbury Castle trainer Alan King's exciting Flat prospect: Tritonic wins at Newbury - a Derby prospect?
- Can Pierre Lapin follow in the footsteps of half-brother Harry Angel in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes?
- Good evening for outsiders at Salisbury's Friday 13 meeting
- Busy week at Salisbury with success for Emaraaty Ana in Tuesday's main race
- New star of the season Mums Tipple could top the bill in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Eventing: local Burghley champion lines up a trio to chase the 2019 crown
- Richard Hannon charity open day draws a large crowd - a chance to see behind the scenes & check out some star horses
- A Victorian 'DUEL': the young aristocrat won the girl & gambled away a fortune as her jilted fiancé sought revenge at England's racecourses
- Salisbury races: a 100-1 chance takes the opening race - a first win for Megan Trainor
- Victory for Lucy Jackson in Event Rider Masters' Irish leg : another New Zealand win
- Salisbury's 2-day summer meeting sees Oisin Murphy edge closer to clinching Champion Jockey title
- It’s not just the price tag: Glorious Journey bags biggest win in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- Newbury: Mulrennan spurns home comforts to steer Orlaith to Listed Byerley Stud success
- Elsworth star Sir Dancealot poised for history-making bid in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- August meeting: Unibet to sponsor Hungerford Day at Newbury racecourse
- Newbury: Richard Hannon records 4,458-1 five-timer to reach 100 wins for the year
- Eventing: Champagne win as Classic Moet Takes British Open title
- Supreme New Zealand eventer Sir Mark Todd retires - to concentrate on racing
- Al Shaqab extends sponsorship of Newbury's Lockinge Stakes to 2024
- Salisbury Races: an evening for favourites - and favourite songs
- Newbury Races: medic Mitchell becomes first person with one eye to ride in British horse race
- From jump racing star to eventing - is Saphir du Rheu's second career about to take off?
- Marlborough Town Council presentation acknowledges Tim and Jonelle Price's achievements
- Newbury: Millman’s bargain buy takes Weatherbys Super Sprint - & a great comeback for Roger Charlton's Withhold