Georgie Strang and Cooley Earl have claimed the runner-up spot at Hickstead's main arena in one of the most iconic British equestrian events.
Earlier this month the New Zealand eventing team put in a stellar performance at Aachen to win the international competition - beating France (second) and Sweden (third) - as well as teams from the USA, Germany, Great Britain and Australia.
New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
The Greatwood Charity, well-known and respected for its work with young people with special educational needs and disadvantaged children and working with retired and rescued racehorses, has turned its attention to adults seeking to overcome the effects of trauma - including post traumatic stress disorder.
Alison Fryer lives in a village in the Marlborough area and keeps her horses in stables at Rockley - and she was selected to represent Great Britain in a one star para-equestrian dressage competition.
Fifteen year-old eventing star Wesko is back to top competitive form with a vengeance - after more than two years out following an injury - with a brilliant dressage score and no show jumping or cross country faults in a top international competition.
.Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon enjoyed a tremendous Weatherbys Super Sprint Day at Newbury on Saturday (July 21), as he recorded a big-race double with Ginger Nut and Yafta
It was a Ladies’ Evening to remember for jockey Silvestre De Sousa at Salisbury on Saturday (July 14) as the Brazilian rode a treble - delighting the crowd.
Royal Ascot winner Signora Cabello headlines 56 six-day acceptors for the feature £250,000 Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury this Saturday (July 21), with a live performance from Craig David after racing.
Barbury Horse Trials leg of 2018 Event Rider Masters goes to France - with an amazing performance by Tom Carlile & Upsilon
Frenchman Tom Carlile defended his Barbury Event Rider Masters (ERM) title in magnificent style, leading from the front on his striking grey stallion - a fitting climax to the 2018 St James's Place Barbury Horse Trials.
More Articles ...
- Barbury Horse Trials: local eventers leave the jockeys behind in spirited charity relay challenge
- Barbury Horse Trials with international stars of eventing - top horses - top riders - and there's fun for grown-ups & kids too
- Newbury Racecourse introduces the new £100,000 JLT Cup
- Andrew Nicholson honoured in New Zealand's Queen's Birthday Honours
- 2015 World Hurdle winner Cole Harden retires to Greatwood
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce is on a busy gap year - with a busy competition season finally underway
- Newbury Racecourse's Lockinge Day: some great racing, fine sunshine, no violence - and the wedding
- Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
- Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
- Eventing star Nereo - who with Andrew Nicholson aboard delighted the crowds so often - is retired
- Jonelle Price wins Badminton - tremendous achievement and a great day for motherhood!
- New Zealander Blyth Tait to design novice course at St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials
- Local artist's Drinking Horse sculpture gets its own winner's enclosure at Newbury Racecourse
- Local trainers - and Frankie - make waves at Newbury Racecourse's first weekend of the Flat season
- Local eventer Flora Harris is well prepared for a third Badminton completion
- Salisbury Racecourse has a rich history - and a record-breaking season ahead
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point draws a large - if rather wet - crowd to watch some great racing
- Locally trained entry confirmed for the Grand National: Milansbar will run with Bryony Frost aboard
- Off to a flying start: Martyn Meade's Chilean is his first runner and first winner out of Manton
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - but first tomorrow's jockeys take their turn
- Rain and snow and more rain: the weather will have a lasting effect on equestrian sport
- PREVIEW: Tedworth Point-to-Point at Barbury Racecourse - a full card expected with ninety-three entries
- Petition saves life of disabled driving group's horse - for now
- Larkhill's Avon Vale Races to celebrate James McNeile's life & memory - at the anniversary of his death
- Dates for the diary: St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials box office now open
- Lambourn Open Day VERY curtailed due to wet conditions
- End of Newbury's jump racing season marked with popular prizes
- 'The Newburys' - the racecourse celebrates the stars of their Jump racing season
- New Eventing Club gives access to enthusiasts - once the season gets clear of snow
- Cheltenham Festival final day declarations: Redicean is the big local interest, but can Nicky Henderson make it a Festival hat trick?
- Cheltenham 2018: declarations for Thursday - & a local duel in the Stayers' Hurdle
- Local interest for Cheltenham Festival's Wednesday/Day Two - but first rain and then Altior are headline news
- Local trainers' close watch on the Cheltenham Festival going as rain takes its toll
- Keith Ottesen appointed Clerk of the Course at Newbury Racecourse
- The Cheltenham Festival build-up: horses to watch from trainer Alan King's Barbury Castle yard
- Stable worker at Aldbourne stud is finallist for the Godolphin Newcomer award
- Luke Harvey talks about riding, owning & training point-to-point horses - his love for the sport & its future
- Emma Lavelle's young horses take centre stage as the jump season winds up the excitement
- Kalashnikov wins the Betfair Hurdle on Betfair Super Saturday at Newbury Racecourse - and Barbury Castle's Valdez is back
- Famous five storm Newbury's Betfair Hurdle - champion trainer Nicky Henderson's bid for sixth win - then there's Altior
- Barbury International Horse Trials stays firmly on the Event Rider Masters' 2018 calendar
- She's the official - and ace - photographer for Newbury Racecourse - known generally as 'Smiler'
- Newbury Racecourse: 41 still going for the £155,000 Betfair Hurdle on Betfair Super Saturday
- Second Barbury International point-to-point attracts entries from two Irish trainers to run in some more than Irish weather
- Andrew Nicholson draws a huge crowd to raise money for the Prospect Hospice
- Milansbar is back in great form - and Bryony Frost gave him an 'ace' ride
- Barbury International Point-to-Point: record entry includes 14 from Irish trainers & a three division 'bumper'
- Barbury International Point-to-Point affirms its international status
- End of 2017 thriller: Poetic Rhythm's narrow Challow Hurdle win at Newbury - great day for Fergal - mixed fortunes for Nicky