Andrew Nicholson has been made an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit for his services to equestrian sport in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
This week, Greatwood Charity was delighted to welcome Cheltenham Festival winner Cole Harden to its Clench Common paddocks, after the 9-year-old gelding was retired from racing due to an injury.
Al Shaqab Lockinge Day (May 19) is Newbury Racecourse's most important day of the Flat season - this year it saw the royal wedding, sunshine, extra security, no violent scenes...and some remarkable racing.
Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
Limato was exercising on trainer Henry Candy's gallops north of Lambourn - the weather was perfect, the turf was amazing and Limato looked a picture.The skylarks were so high you could not spot them against the blue sky.
Jonelle is the first female winner of Badminton for eleven years.New Zealand eventer Jonelle Price has won the prestigious four star 2018 Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials - 4.9 penalty points ahead of Britain's Oliver Townend.
With her A Levels behind her, eventer Chelsea Pearce, who is based near Marlborough, is making the most of her gap year.
Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
Georgie Strang has joined the Marlborough area’s unique stable of top eventers - joining Sir Mark Todd’s yard at Badgerstown on the edge of the Marlborough Downs.
Nereo took Andrew Nicholson to his first Badminton victory in 2017. Now, on the last day if Badminton 2018, the eighteen year-old Lockeridge based eventing horse has been retired from top-level competitions.
Blyth Tait, one the world’s most respected event riders, will design the novice cross-country course at this year’s St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials (5-8 July).
More Articles ...
- Local artist's Drinking Horse sculpture gets its own winner's enclosure at Newbury Racecourse
- Local trainers - and Frankie - make waves at Newbury Racecourse's first weekend of the Flat season
- Local eventer Flora Harris is well prepared for a third Badminton completion
- Salisbury Racecourse has a rich history - and a record-breaking season ahead
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point draws a large - if rather wet - crowd to watch some great racing
- Locally trained entry confirmed for the Grand National: Milansbar will run with Bryony Frost aboard
- Off to a flying start: Martyn Meade's Chilean is his first runner and first winner out of Manton
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - but first tomorrow's jockeys take their turn
- Rain and snow and more rain: the weather will have a lasting effect on equestrian sport
- PREVIEW: Tedworth Point-to-Point at Barbury Racecourse - a full card expected with ninety-three entries
- Petition saves life of disabled driving group's horse - for now
- Larkhill's Avon Vale Races to celebrate James McNeile's life & memory - at the anniversary of his death
- Dates for the diary: St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials box office now open
- Lambourn Open Day VERY curtailed due to wet conditions
- End of Newbury's jump racing season marked with popular prizes
- 'The Newburys' - the racecourse celebrates the stars of their Jump racing season
- New Eventing Club gives access to enthusiasts - once the season gets clear of snow
- Cheltenham Festival final day declarations: Redicean is the big local interest, but can Nicky Henderson make it a Festival hat trick?
- Cheltenham 2018: declarations for Thursday - & a local duel in the Stayers' Hurdle
- Local interest for Cheltenham Festival's Wednesday/Day Two - but first rain and then Altior are headline news
- Local trainers' close watch on the Cheltenham Festival going as rain takes its toll
- Keith Ottesen appointed Clerk of the Course at Newbury Racecourse
- The Cheltenham Festival build-up: horses to watch from trainer Alan King's Barbury Castle yard
- Stable worker at Aldbourne stud is finallist for the Godolphin Newcomer award
- Luke Harvey talks about riding, owning & training point-to-point horses - his love for the sport & its future
- Emma Lavelle's young horses take centre stage as the jump season winds up the excitement
- Kalashnikov wins the Betfair Hurdle on Betfair Super Saturday at Newbury Racecourse - and Barbury Castle's Valdez is back
- Famous five storm Newbury's Betfair Hurdle - champion trainer Nicky Henderson's bid for sixth win - then there's Altior
- Barbury International Horse Trials stays firmly on the Event Rider Masters' 2018 calendar
- She's the official - and ace - photographer for Newbury Racecourse - known generally as 'Smiler'
- Newbury Racecourse: 41 still going for the £155,000 Betfair Hurdle on Betfair Super Saturday
- Second Barbury International point-to-point attracts entries from two Irish trainers to run in some more than Irish weather
- Andrew Nicholson draws a huge crowd to raise money for the Prospect Hospice
- Milansbar is back in great form - and Bryony Frost gave him an 'ace' ride
- Barbury International Point-to-Point: record entry includes 14 from Irish trainers & a three division 'bumper'
- Barbury International Point-to-Point affirms its international status
- End of 2017 thriller: Poetic Rhythm's narrow Challow Hurdle win at Newbury - great day for Fergal - mixed fortunes for Nicky
- Pete's retired - again - but he still takes the top prize
- Barbury reaches out to Irish pointers to join its International meeting
- Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon fined £8,000 for fourth cross-contamination error
- Newbury Racecourse's first Ladbrokes Winter Carnival: Irish raider Total Recall lands Ladbrokes Trophy - delighting Willie Mullins & Irish visitors
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Winter Carnival's first day - it's Yanworth versus the mutterers & Thistlecrack versus Unowhatimeanharry
- A Small Grant Means the Going’s Good at Greatwood!
- Barbury's first point-to-point of the season attracts punters, a chill wind and some strong fields
- New sponsor, new silverware: the new perpetual Ladbrokes Trophy unveiled
- He's a local lad, a racing legend and now he's got a Newbury chase named after him: John Francome talks about his favourite racecourse
- Plan to fund point-to-point race in memory of keen rider James McNeille who died last April in a fall
- Coneygree back on target for the Ladbrokes Trophy after Newbury schooling session
- PREVIEW: Point-to-pointing returns to Barbury Racecourse