Marlborough based New Zealand event rider Jonelle Price has made the difficult decision to withdraw her 2018 Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials (MMBHT) winner, Classic Moet, from this year’s event, due to start today (Wednesday, 1 May 2019).
Salisbury Racecourse hosted its first race meeting of the 2019 season on Sunday (April 28) and welcomed a crowd of 4,000 to their Byerley Stud sponsored Season Opener Family Day, on a dry but fresh-feeling day.
Beat The Bank earned himself another tilt at landing the Group 1 victory his trainer believes he deserves after securing a bet365 Mile win at Sandown (April 26) that set him up for a crack at the Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes at Newbury on Saturday,18 May.
Newbury's Greenham Stakes: Mohaather win sets 2,000 Guineas poser - The Queen visits & Alan King takes the Spring Cup
Mohaather, winner of Newbury’s Horris Hill Stakes last autumn, continued where he had left off on Saturday (April 13) when returning to the track to capture the Watership Down Stud Greenham Stakes under Jim Crowley - and stamp himself a Classic contender.
Veteran rider Phil York stole the show with a treble on Legal Ok, Timmie Roe and Streets Of London at the Tedworth Hunt meeting at Barbury Racecourse on Sunday (April 7).
Top New Zealand eventer Tim Price and Xavier Faer (known as Hugo) have won third place in the CCI5*-L Land Rover Kentucky Three Day Event - the first of the season's major competitions.
Salisbury Racecourse's new Flat racing season starts on Sunday (April 28) with the seven race card of the Byerley Stud Season Opener and Family Day.
Last year the Greenham Stakes Classic trial was won by the George Scott trained James Garfield - steered to victory by a delighted Frankie Dettori. This year it has lost its star entry - but the ten declared for Saturday's race (April 13) include some great hopes for the season ahead.
Too Darn Hot, the best two-year-old in Europe in 2018, is ready to begin his campaign for Classic honours when he reappears in the Group 3 Watership Down Stud Greenham Stakes at Newbury on Saturday (13 April 2019).
More Articles ...
- Appleby hoping Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes can provide next Magic moment in Newbury's Group 1 showpiece
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Hunt point-to-point attracts leading horses - & two pony races
- After Cheltenham Festival glory, Paisley Park is set to rest till next season
- Newbury's emotional farewell to Noel Fehily who retired with a final winning ride
- Newbury's last jumps card of the season: Neil King's special winner
- Altior to lead parade of Henderson's Cheltenham champions at Newbury's jumps season finale
- Noel Fehily to finish his riding career at Newbury Racecourse - for many years his 'local track'
- Eventing supporters see how the Prices are set for their 2019 challenges
- New eventing season opens with a victory for local rider Chelsea Pearce
- CHELTENHAM PREVIEW: How do I get to Ogbourne Maizey? Where? Bonita Racing Stables? Oh, just ask for Paisley Park
- Newbury's Greatwood Raceday: San Benedeto gets Nicholls his number nine dream
- Newbury Races: Emitom could be a name to remember after his fifth win in a row
- Newbury Racecourse: can Paul Nicholls clinch a ninth Greatwood Gold Cup victory?
- Barbury Racecourse: rescheduled Vine & Craven meeting springs some surprises
- EVENTING PROFILE: as the new season approaches, New Zealander Jesse Campbell makes a new start - with his fiancée
- Barbury International Horse Trials get new team & need new sponsor
- MEETING ABANDONED DUE TO EQUINE FLU OUTBREAK PREVIEW: Barbury Racecourse is clear of snow & ready for season's second Vine & Craven point-to-point
- Event Rider Masters dump Barbury from their 2019 programme
- Denman gets permanent memorial at Newbury Racecourse with specially designed wrought iron gates
- Local star's four wins from four runs: Paisley Park gets closer still to Cheltenham Festival glory
- Keeping them racing all year round: Newbury's new Clerk of the Course has a weather eye on the turf
- Driving solo from west Wales to Mongolia raising funds for charity - with a stop-off to meet a local para-equestrian
- Newbury Racing: Betway Challow glory for Champ, a fond farewell for Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood & Richard Johnson's OBE
- Paisley Park gives owner, trainer and jockey a Grade 1 Christmas present at Ascot
- Newbury's Betway Challow Hurdle Day: first race will be named in honour of departing Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood
- Barbury International Point-to-Point's new date sees good support and great racing
- Laura Thomas: Barbury trainer faces economic truths - and keeps the pointers for fun
- Preview: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point takes on its new pre-Christmas & post Cheltenham date
- Newbury: Sizing Tennessee leads Tizzard one-two in £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy - local interest Dingo Dollar is third
- Elegant Escape favourite of 23 runners for Ladbrokes Trophy - Dingo Dollar & Black Corton in good shape for £250,000 Newbury highlight
- Barbury International point-to-point rewards young horse owners
- Barbury Racecourse point-to-point season opens with the Vine and Craven event
- Gallops Morning at Newbury Racecourse previews the second running of the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Indoor Eventing: Jesse Campbell and Diachello II excel in Stuttgart Masters
- Newbury's jumps season kicks off - good racing & some markers for the future
- Defending champion Total Recall, Terrefort & Thistlecrack head entries for Newbury's £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- Bucket list opportunity - with added silks
- Betway announced as new sponsor for Grade 1 Challow Novices' Hurdle at Newbury
- Newbury Racecourse's Flat season ends on a military note - and marks two centenaries
- New Jumps season: preparations and prospects for Emma Lavelle Racing
- Eventing profile: after a year in the Marlborough area & a good season, Georgie Strang looks to next year's challenges
- Salisbury Racecourse: a review of the season as its final meeting approaches
- Newbury Racecourse sees Ed Barrett’s truly remarkable walk for charity, lots of rain and good racing
- Newbury racing: Ian Balding remembers Mill Reef - fifty years after the great horse's birth
- Eventing: Great Britain team's two gold medals at World Equestrian Games
- Neil King's Milansbar to target the Grand National again
- Eventing: Team Price's year crowned with Tim's fine Burghley win - next up for the 'golden couple' the World Games
- My ride in Glorious Goodwood's 2018 Magnolia Cup - the premier charity race for amateur women riders
- Eventing: Tim Price eyes Burghley crown
- Sir Dancealot's fine season continues as he takes Newbury's Hungerford Stakes