Salisbury Racecourse welcomed racegoers on a sunny Bank Holiday Friday for their twelfth meeting of the season, with a six-race evening card featuring the Listed Stonehenge Stakes.
In Ireland, thirty-eight year-old Lucy Jackson riding Superstition has won the Millstreet International Horse Trials leg of the 2019 Event Rider Masters (ERM) series - for New Zealand.
Glorious Journey, a horse who never quite lived up to his seven figure price tag, belatedly showed himself to be a leading performer at the specialist seven furlong trip with the biggest victory of his career in Newbury's Group 2 Unibet Hungerford Stakes (August 17).
Sir Dancealot will attempt to secure himself a place in history at Newbury Racecourse on Saturday (August 17) when he aims to become the first horse in 50 years to win back-to-back runnings of the Group 2 Unibet Hungerford Stakes.
Richard Hannon hit a century of winners for the season in brilliant style when herecorded his first ever five-timer on a single card at Newbury on Tuesday at the track’sRacing to Recovery and a Brighter Future Charity Raceday.
Wednesday was very wet with soft ground and the Thursday was dry, warm and sunny.Salisbury Racecourse welcomed a crowd of 6,500 to their Netherhampton track, across two days for their Summer Holiday Family Fun Days with a bumper eight race card each day. The weather across the two days couldn’t have been more different.
.Paul Mulrennan gave up a full card of rides at his home track - Thirsk - to travel from Yorkshire to Newbury where he was rewarded with victory on Scottish trained Orlaith in the day’s feature Listed Byerley Stud Stakes (August 16)
Unibet, part of the Kindred Group, one of the largest online gambling companies in the world, is to be the title sponsor of next weekend’s Hungerford Day at Newbury Racecourse - which features the Group 2 Unibet Hungerford Stakes run on Saturday, August 17.
Jonelle Price has won the Magic Millions British Open Championship CCI4*-S at Gatcombe Park aboard her 2018 Badminton winner Classic Moet (August 4).
More Articles ...
- Supreme New Zealand eventer Sir Mark Todd retires - to concentrate on racing
- Al Shaqab extends sponsorship of Newbury's Lockinge Stakes to 2024
- Salisbury Races: an evening for favourites - and favourite songs
- Newbury Races: medic Mitchell becomes first person with one eye to ride in British horse race
- From jump racing star to eventing - is Saphir du Rheu's second career about to take off?
- Marlborough Town Council presentation acknowledges Tim and Jonelle Price's achievements
- Newbury: Millman’s bargain buy takes Weatherbys Super Sprint - & a great comeback for Roger Charlton's Withhold
- Just seconds away: Tim Price & Wesko miss victory at Aachen - New Zealand 2nd in the Nations' Cup
- Newbury: Shadn blooms to deliver Rose Bowl win for new Qatari owner
- Newbury’s Super Sprint Day could see the Melbourne Ten blazers jumping for joy
- Salisbury's Ladies Evening fields a 50-1 winner - and traditional Best Dressed contests
- Fellowes hopes Carnwennan will be too sharp for top rivals in Newbury's £100,000 Marsh Cup
- Barbury International 2019 - final day: the 'King of Barbury' regains his crown
- Barbury International Day Three: Andrew Nicholson wins again - on As Is
- Barbury International Day Two: local New Zealanders on song - but O'Connor takes the Open Novice class
- Day one of the 2019 Barbury International Horse Trials: the emphasis was on young event horse classes
- Salisbury's Bibury Cup goes to Desert Icon - by a neck
- Jonelle and Tim Price top the field at Event Rider Masters third leg competition in Belgium
- Barbury International Horse Trials: preparations well under way & "the grass is looking amazing"
- Father's Day racing at Salisbury sees Daddy's Daughter make her turf debut on just the right day
- Tim Price & Ascona keep Luhmuhlen's top honours in the family
- Newbury Races: She's in a class of her own - Antonia De Vega lands Johnnie Lewis Memorial race by four lengths
- She won the world's toughest, longest horse race - or pony race - and has written a compelling account of her victory
- Salisbury racecourse defies the weather to give punters a card with debuts and surprises
- Newbury: Antonia De Vega's new campaign starts in race last won by Sea Of Class
- Top of the world: Tim Price takes first place in the international eventing rankings
- Thirty days to go to 2019's Barbury International Horse Trials
- For the record: Oisin Murphy wins at Salisbury's 'Spire FM Back on the Track' meeting - will he be racecourse champion again?
- Newbury's model of consistency: Mustashry delivers eighth Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes victory for serial winner Stoute
- Salisbury on Thursday last week - 16 May
- Newbury declarations: can Romanised upset the odds again & spring an Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes surprise
- Laurens could be this year’s ‘superstar miler’ as she heads to Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes
- Salisbury Races: Jockey David Probert stole the show riding a double at their season's first evening meeting - sponsored by William Hill
- Rising star Jason Watson is Newbury Racecourse's 2019 ambassador for the Flat season & young racegoers
- Can the O-Brien filly I CAN FLY equal RHODODENDRON's 2018 Lockinge victory
- Defending Badminton champion withdraws
- Big fields and keen racing mark Salisbury's first raceday of the season
- Eventing: Marlborough's Tim Price takes third place at the Kentucky five star
- Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes: can Beat The Bank open his Group 1 account?
- Salisbury Racecourse's new season off to a family day start - with an added touch of history
- Newbury's Greenham Stakes: Mohaather win sets 2,000 Guineas poser - The Queen visits & Alan King takes the Spring Cup
- Newbury's Greenham Stakes loses Too Darn Hot - will Great Scot now take the prize
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point sees a resounding Phil York treble
- Can Too Darn Hot launch his Classic campaign with a win in Newbury's Greenham Stakes
- Appleby hoping Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes can provide next Magic moment in Newbury's Group 1 showpiece
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Hunt point-to-point attracts leading horses - & two pony races
- After Cheltenham Festival glory, Paisley Park is set to rest till next season
- Newbury's emotional farewell to Noel Fehily who retired with a final winning ride
- Newbury's last jumps card of the season: Neil King's special winner
- Altior to lead parade of Henderson's Cheltenham champions at Newbury's jumps season finale