...but the eyes of many racing fans were on chasing stars Altior - above with his happy owner Mrs Patricia Pugh - and Native River who both shone on an outstanding Betfair Super Saturday (February 9).
Newbury races: Jonjo O’Neill jr relishing ride on Gold Cup winner Native River in Betfair Denman Chase triple bid
.Leading conditional jockey Jonjo O’Neill jr is looking forward to the biggest ride of his blossoming career when he makes his debut on 2018 Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Native River in the Betfair Denman Chase at Newbury on Saturday (February 8)
The jockey who rides bonus-seeking Not So Sleepy in the £155,000 Betfair Hurdle says they will be going to Newbury 'with all guns blazing' as they aim for the big race victory on Saturday (February 8) that will also net a £100,000 windfall for connections.
Altior ready to prove himself again as Henderson aims for hat-trick in Newbury's Betfair Exchange Chase
Altior, one of the superstars of jump racing, is ready to pick up the winning habit again at Newbury on Saturday (February 8) when he will bid for his third success in the Grade 2 Win Bigger On The Betfair Exchange Chase.
Point-to-point preview: record number of entries for Sunday's Vine & Craven meeting at Barbury Racecourse
Sam Jukes is excited about running Cheltenham Festival hope Marcle Ridge at the Vine & Craven Hunt meeting at Barbury Racecourse, near Marlborough, on Sunday (February 9).
.The £100,000 Betfair Winter Bonus has been a key factor in persuading trainer Hughie Morrison and owner Lady Blyth to take a tilt at the Betfair Hurdle with Not So Sleepy at Newbury on Saturday (February 8)
After some well-earned rest over Christmas and the New Year the riders and ponies competed locally in Melksham to qualify for the Hickstead Eventers Challenge in May.The St John’s Academy equestrian team got off to a strong start in 2020.
Many point-to-points have run charity races and recently the Barbury International has introduced the bumper - both over flat courses.
More Articles ...
- Lavelle finds Betfair Hurdle prize too valuable to ignore for emerging hurdler Highly Prized
- Your Darling compared to the great Best Mate after winning bumper debut at Newbury
- Trainer Hughie Morrison mulls £100,000 bonus as Not So Sleepy given Betfair Hurdle entry
- Wilton Horse Trials announce their new title sponsor
- Thyme Hill favourite for Albert Bartlett after Betway Challow Hurdle win at Newbury
- Lavelle hoping to taste yet more Newbury success with Eclair Surf in the Betway Challow Hurdle
- Hobbs hopes it’s Thyme for another Challow Hurdle success as Hill aims for Newbury’s Grade 1 race
- Grand National runner-up Magic Of Light claims second win in Newbury Listed Chase
- Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders
- PREVIEW: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point attracts a record entry
- Newbury Racecourse: attendance up for both Ladbrokes Winter Carnival days
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Trophy: De Rasher Counter brings home the bacon on memorable weekend for local trainer Emma Lavelle
- Ladbrokes Winter Festival at Newbury: Paisley Park returns in triumph - defeating Thistlecrack in Friday feature race
- Newbury Races: Full house as Elegant Escape heads maximum field of 24 for £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- St John’s Academy equestrian squad goes from strength to strength
- Ladbrokes Trophy hope De Rasher Counter is a real local interest - both bred and trained very near Marlborough
- A dead cert Christmas book: Anne Holland celebrates The Grand National
- Newbury's morning gallops ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival sees AP back in the saddle - on the favourite
- NEWBURY RACECOURSE: OUR LADBROKES TROPHY DAY COMPETITION - the five winners are...
- Emma Lavelle Racing: picking up speed for the new jump season - & a visit from the neighbours