Many point-to-points have run charity races and recently the Barbury International has introduced the bumper - both over flat courses.
Emma Lavelle is training ex-US Flat horse Highly Prized for a tilt at the £155,000 Betfair Hurdle, opening up the chance for her to complete a famous double in Newbury’s two richest jumps prizes.
The eagerly anticipated debut of Sprinter Sacre’s full brother ended in defeat for Flinteur Sacre at Newbury on Wednesday (January 15) by a horse called Your Darling, who Henrietta Knight compared to the great Best Mate.
Not So Sleepy, who trounced a competitive field to win the Betfair Exchange Trophy at Ascot before Christmas, could pursue the sponsor’s £100,000 bonus at Newbury next month after he was one of 56 horses engaged in the £155,000 Betfair Hurdle.
The Wilton Horse Trials, which will take place in Wilton Park, near Salisbury on Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26 2020, has announced Wiltshire Life as the event’s new title sponsors.
.Thyme Hill laid claim to the mantle of Britain’s leading staying novice hurdler when he extended an unbeaten start to his career over obstacles with victory in the Grade 1 Betway Challow Hurdle at Newbury (December 28)
Emma Lavelle will try to end a memorable 2019 at Newbury with yet more big race glory when she bids to land the track’s final feature race of the year, the Grade 1 Betway Challow Hurdle, with Eclair Surf (Saturday, 28 December 2019).
Thyme Hill will seek to maintain an unbeaten start to his hurdling career when he steps back into Grade 1 company to contest the Betway Challow Novices’ Hurdle at Newbury on Saturday (December 28) - a prize won in the past by Denman.
More Articles ...
- Grand National runner-up Magic Of Light claims second win in Newbury Listed Chase
- Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders
- PREVIEW: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point attracts a record entry
- Newbury Racecourse: attendance up for both Ladbrokes Winter Carnival days
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Trophy: De Rasher Counter brings home the bacon on memorable weekend for local trainer Emma Lavelle
- Ladbrokes Winter Festival at Newbury: Paisley Park returns in triumph - defeating Thistlecrack in Friday feature race
- Newbury Races: Full house as Elegant Escape heads maximum field of 24 for £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- St John’s Academy equestrian squad goes from strength to strength
- Ladbrokes Trophy hope De Rasher Counter is a real local interest - both bred and trained very near Marlborough
- A dead cert Christmas book: Anne Holland celebrates The Grand National
- Newbury's morning gallops ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival sees AP back in the saddle - on the favourite
- NEWBURY RACECOURSE: OUR LADBROKES TROPHY DAY COMPETITION - the five winners are...
- Emma Lavelle Racing: picking up speed for the new jump season - & a visit from the neighbours
- Champ extends unbeaten record at Newbury with impressive first win over fences
- Hannon's three international raiders go unplaced
- Paisley Park to gallop before racing at Newbury on Thursday
- Jump racing comes back to Newbury - & local trainers are eager for the 'OFF'
- Home and away: Richard Hannon looks for big winners in Australia and the USA
- Ladbrokes Trophy: showtime for 69-strong syndicate hoping to see Cabaret Queen crowned for a day
- Shock as top local jump jockey Wayne Hutchinson retires