And back to the rigours of the coronavirus - the effects of which she had not heard about while in deepest Patagonia - and the shut down of horse racing across the UK.Clare King is now home at Barbury Castle from her adventurous ride in Patagonia - back to husband jumps trainer Neil King and their two children.
Point-to-point racing in Britain has been shut down for the 2019-20 season - due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Before the 2020 eventing season in Britain has even started, it has been dealt a severe blow with the cancellation of the 2020 running of international Event Rider Masters competition - due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
As Newbury will be racing 'behind closed doors' this coming weekend, the charity race re-scheduled for Saturday, 21 March will NOT now take place. The Greatwood Charity has two new Newbury Racecourse dates for your diaries - Saturday, 21 March and Saturday, 16 May.
Brian Meehan launches racing club for 2020's Flat season - the horse has been chosen but not his name
Manton trainer Brian Meehan is launching a new syndicate in the form of a racing club for the new Flat season and on Saturday (February 29) members and potential members were at a special open day to see the chosen, unnamed two-year old.
Newbury's Mencap meeting: Pipe ponders Cheltenham targets for Brinkley and Richard Johnson's winning again
David Pipe is eyeing potential Cheltenham Festival targets for Brinkley after the five-year-old Martaline gelding produced an eye-catching performance in landing the West Berkshire Mencap “National Hunt” Novices’ Handicap Hurdle at Newbury on Friday (February 28).
Paul Nicholls will be triple-handed as he bids for a record tenth success in the Grade 3 William Hill Supporting Greatwood Gold Cup at Newbury on Saturday (February 29).
It'll be the challenge of her life: after racing in Mongolia, Clare King's tackling the Patagonian Andes for a children's cancer charity
Now Clare King is saddling up for the ride of a lifetime across the remote Patagonian Andes in South America.She normally rides out for her husband, the successful jump racing trainer Neil King on the northern edge of the Marlborough downs - where it's windy, but it's a gentle landscape.
More Articles ...
- Newbury's leap year’s day meeting: will Bennys King rule - on a day when anything can happen?
- Newbury: Pic d’Orhy pulls off surprise victory for Nicholls in £155,000 Betfair Hurdle...
- Olivia May’s Newbury Racecourse debut - in aid of the Greatwood Charity
- Newbury races: Jonjo O’Neill jr relishing ride on Gold Cup winner Native River in Betfair Denman Chase triple bid
- Jonny Burke on his 'tough ask' as Not So Sleepy tackles £100,000 Betfair bonus challenge
- Altior ready to prove himself again as Henderson aims for hat-trick in Newbury's Betfair Exchange Chase
- Point-to-point preview: record number of entries for Sunday's Vine & Craven meeting at Barbury Racecourse
- Morrison hoping it could be Sleepy time at Newbury on Saturday as hurdler chases £100,000 bonus
- St John's equestrians start 2020 with qualifications for summer contests
- Barbury Racecourse: Vine & Craven point-to-point gets a new race - the stable staff dash
- Lavelle finds Betfair Hurdle prize too valuable to ignore for emerging hurdler Highly Prized
- Your Darling compared to the great Best Mate after winning bumper debut at Newbury
- Trainer Hughie Morrison mulls £100,000 bonus as Not So Sleepy given Betfair Hurdle entry
- Wilton Horse Trials announce their new title sponsor
- Thyme Hill favourite for Albert Bartlett after Betway Challow Hurdle win at Newbury
- Lavelle hoping to taste yet more Newbury success with Eclair Surf in the Betway Challow Hurdle
- Hobbs hopes it’s Thyme for another Challow Hurdle success as Hill aims for Newbury’s Grade 1 race
- Grand National runner-up Magic Of Light claims second win in Newbury Listed Chase
- Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders
- PREVIEW: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point attracts a record entry