We now have five worthy winners drawn from a very large hat.A larger than expected number people entered our marlborough.news and marlboroughequestrian.news competition for five FREE pairs of tickets for the Ladbrokes Trophy day of Newbury Racecourse's Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
It had been a particularly busy week, with runners at Huntingdon, Kempton, Exeter, Chepstow and Newbury, but that didn’t stop local racehorse trainer, Emma Lavelle opening her doors on Friday morning to residents from the three nearby Ogbourne villages for the annual locals’ yard visit.
He remains unbeaten at the course.With a name like Champ there is a lot to live up to, but the jumper named after Sir AP McCoy demonstrated he could go right to the top over fences with an impressive chasing debut at Newbury on Thursday (7 November 2019).
Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon had said that the four-year-old colt Raymond Tusk "...is the ideal type of horse to run (and hopefully win) a Melbourne Cup as he's still reltively lightly raced."
Paisley Park, the champion staying hurdler, will gallop before the racing at Newbury on Thursday (November 7) as part of his preparation for a planned return to action at the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival on Friday 29 and Saturday, 30 November.
Lambourn trainers Nicky Henderson, Oliver Sherwood and Warren Greatrex are looking forward to the return of jumps racing at Newbury, which stages its first winter fixture of the 2019-20 campaign on Thursday (November 7).
Now he is sending two of his star horses abroad in search of international glory - and big prize money.Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon was recently named the most successful trainer during Newbury's Flat season.
A poet, a postman and a professional golfer are among the 69 owners of the Willie Mullins trained Cabaret Queen, who are dreaming of winning one of the most sought after prizes in jumps racing - the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy, run at Newbury on Saturday, November 30.
More Articles ...
- Shock as top local jump jockey Wayne Hutchinson retires
- Eventing: first CCI5* title for Tom McEwen - another ducking for Tim Price
- Bettys Hope Super Sprint success voted ‘Moment of the Season’ after outstanding Flat campaign at Newbury
- Alan King’s Trueshan looks stayer of the future after gutsy triumph in £50,000 Newbury feature
- They're back! Newbury's 2018 dead-heaters to face each other again in the course's last Flat card of the season
- Tim Price triumphs in France with seven year-old Happy Boy
- Champions Day: Withhold has earned the chance to take on Stradivarius, but ground concerns in-form Jason Watson
- Eventing: Marlborough locals bring home the Boekelo bacon
- COMPETITION: win tickets to Newbury Racecourse's big jumps day - the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Newbury rounds off its Flat season with awards - including one you can vote for
- Eventing: Christine Bates is flying high again on Adelaide Hill
- Worthington’s 'remember together' family raceday returns to Newbury Racecourse
- Emma Lavelle has a plan for Paisley Park's new season - and lots of other exciting prospects
- Going greener: The Energy Check to be an official partner of Newbury Racecourse
- Pierre Lapin emulates half-brother Harry Angel with victory in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Barbury Castle trainer Alan King's exciting Flat prospect: Tritonic wins at Newbury - a Derby prospect?
- Can Pierre Lapin follow in the footsteps of half-brother Harry Angel in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes?
- Good evening for outsiders at Salisbury's Friday 13 meeting
- Busy week at Salisbury with success for Emaraaty Ana in Tuesday's main race
- New star of the season Mums Tipple could top the bill in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes