The 'King of Barbury', Andrew Nicholson (NZL), has regained his crown (July 7) – making it the fifth time he has won at this level at Barbury, but the first time riding Paul and Diana Ridgeon's Swallow Springs.CCI4*-S:
Piggy French (GBR) rode Alison Swinburn, John and Chloe Perry's Brookfield Quality (pictured above) to a win in 3* section A, the partnership's fourth win of the season.CCI3*-S section A:
Barbury International Day Two: local New Zealanders on song - but O'Connor takes the Open Novice class
Austin O'Connor (IRL) won today's Open Novice section riding Calvin II. Austin took over the ride on the nine-year-old at the end of April this year, and already had a win and a runner up spot on their joint card before today.
Day one of the 2019 Barbury International Horse Trials: the emphasis was on young event horse classes
On Thursday (July 4) the focus at the 2019 Barbury International Horse Trials was very much on potential future stars of the sport - in the form of the Dubarry Burghley Young Event Horse entrants.
A day eagerly anticipated by many in the Salisbury calendar is Bibury Cup Day – a race that has been run at the Netherhampton track since 1899.
A great day at the office for the New Zealand couple who live in Marlborough.It was Tim Price's first win in an Event Rider Masters (ERM) competition - and his wife Jonelle took second place.
The temporary stabling for up to a thousand horses are built and the main marquee is up.Up on the Marlborough Downs, preparations for the Barbury International Horse Trials (July 4-7) are on schedule at the Barbury Castle Estate.
Salisbury racecourse hosted their Family Father’s Day race meeting, with a crowd of 5,000 including children (June 16) and Daddy’s Daughter was undoubtedly the most appropriately named winner of the day.
More Articles ...
- Tim Price & Ascona keep Luhmuhlen's top honours in the family
- Newbury Races: She's in a class of her own - Antonia De Vega lands Johnnie Lewis Memorial race by four lengths
- She won the world's toughest, longest horse race - or pony race - and has written a compelling account of her victory
- Salisbury racecourse defies the weather to give punters a card with debuts and surprises
- Newbury: Antonia De Vega's new campaign starts in race last won by Sea Of Class
- Top of the world: Tim Price takes first place in the international eventing rankings
- For the record: Oisin Murphy wins at Salisbury's 'Spire FM Back on the Track' meeting - will he be racecourse champion again?
- Thirty days to go to 2019's Barbury International Horse Trials
- Newbury's model of consistency: Mustashry delivers eighth Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes victory for serial winner Stoute
- Salisbury on Thursday last week - 16 May
- Newbury declarations: can Romanised upset the odds again & spring an Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes surprise
- Laurens could be this year’s ‘superstar miler’ as she heads to Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes
- Salisbury Races: Jockey David Probert stole the show riding a double at their season's first evening meeting - sponsored by William Hill
- Can the O-Brien filly I CAN FLY equal RHODODENDRON's 2018 Lockinge victory
- Rising star Jason Watson is Newbury Racecourse's 2019 ambassador for the Flat season & young racegoers
- Defending Badminton champion withdraws
- Big fields and keen racing mark Salisbury's first raceday of the season
- Eventing: Marlborough's Tim Price takes third place at the Kentucky five star
- Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes: can Beat The Bank open his Group 1 account?
- Salisbury Racecourse's new season off to a family day start - with an added touch of history