Conditional jockey Bryony Frost had never sat on Milansbar before she met him at Warwick (January 13) and rode him to a famous eleven lengths victory in the Grade 3 Betfred Classic Handicap Chase - beating off Cogry and Missed Approach.
Barbury International Point-to-Point: record entry includes 14 from Irish trainers & a three division 'bumper'
The second running of the Barbury International Racing Club meeting at Barbury Racecourse, on Saturday, January 20, will score in three important and innovative ways.
There will be Irish participation at the second Barbury International Point-to-Point at the Barbury Racecourse on Saturday, January 20. And there will be a continental element there as well in the form of top French amateur jockey Guillaume Viel.
End of 2017 thriller: Poetic Rhythm's narrow Challow Hurdle win at Newbury - great day for Fergal - mixed fortunes for Nicky
Newbury's final fixture of 2017 (December 30) took place before a healthy crowd of almost 9,000. The course had had 7.9mm of rain in the previous 24-hours. The going was heavy - and obviously testing for many of the day's runners. For the spectators it was warm if windy.
Former successful racehorse, Beware Chalk Pit - known to most as Pit or Pete and to some as Perfect Pete - has won the Retraining of Racehorses (RoR) 2017 Horse of the Year award at a presentation ceremony at the Jockey Club Rooms in Newmarket. There to accept the award was the 13 year-old gelding's owner, Marlborough resident Mrs Anne Leftley.
Barbury Racecourse is set to stage the second Barbury International Point-to-Point on Saturday, January 20 - following the successful amendments to the rules of the sport that made last January's inaugural fixture possible.
Flat trainer Richard Hannon has been fined £8,000 after De Bruyne Horse was found to carry traces of a banned substance connected to the human painkiller tramadol.
Newbury Racecourse's first Ladbrokes Winter Carnival: Irish raider Total Recall lands Ladbrokes Trophy - delighting Willie Mullins & Irish visitors
The Ladbrokes Trophy - previously known famously as the Hennessy Gold Cup - on day two of Newbury Racecourse's first Ladbrokes Winter Carnival, is the second richest handicap chase run in Britain - with £250,000 in prize money. It was won on Saturday (December 2) by Irish challenger and 9/2 favourite Total Recall.
More Articles ...
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Winter Carnival's first day - it's Yanworth versus the mutterers & Thistlecrack versus Unowhatimeanharry
- A Small Grant Means the Going’s Good at Greatwood!
- Barbury's first point-to-point of the season attracts punters, a chill wind and some strong fields
- New sponsor, new silverware: the new perpetual Ladbrokes Trophy unveiled
- He's a local lad, a racing legend and now he's got a Newbury chase named after him: John Francome talks about his favourite racecourse
- Plan to fund point-to-point race in memory of keen rider James McNeille who died last April in a fall
- Coneygree back on target for the Ladbrokes Trophy after Newbury schooling session
- PREVIEW: Point-to-pointing returns to Barbury Racecourse
- Forty-five still on course for Newbury's first running of the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy - but no Smad Place
- Newbury racecourse prepares for new Ladbrokes Winter Carnival meeting - come summer will it welcome an Aussie star?
- More good news for Manton: Newmarket trainer Martyn Meade buys 'a major part of the estate'
- Tim Price wins second place in world eventing rankings as 2017 season ends
- Entries announced for first Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury: can Smad Place make the winner's enclosure again?
- Brian Meehan is buying Manton's famed training yard and the historic gallops
- Newbury Racecourse's last day of the Flat season sees Group 3 honours for Best Solution, Nebo & Frankie
- Second retirement for former racehorse Beware Chalk Pit - and a celebratory final show ring victory
- Eventing: New Zealand's Tim Price wins in Holland - riding his wife's ride Cekatinka
- Will Rawlin: local event rider heads to five-year-old championships with Elite Horse Owners support
- After a Hannon treble, James Garfield's star turn at Newbury was a real bonus for his newlywed trainer
- Newbury's Dubai Duty Free International Weekend to see a rivalry renewed