Great Britain's eventers won the team gold medal at the eighth World Equestrian Games at Tryon, North Carolina - and Ros Canter on Allstar B took the individual gold.
More than 200 visitors and owners went to Neil King's Ridgeway Racing yard near Barbury Castle for his annual open day - looking ahead to the coming jumps season, his fifth at Upper Herdswick farm.
Eventing: Team Price's year crowned with Tim's fine Burghley win - next up for the 'golden couple' the World Games
"What a super year" said Tim Price after his victory in the land Rover Burghley Horse Trials on Ringwood Skyboy.
New Zealand’s highest-ranked eventer, Tim Price, has his sights on claiming the crown at the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials (August 30-September 2).
The feature race at Newbury Racecourse's Ladies Day (August 18), the £150,000 G2 Ladyswood Stud Hungerford Stakes over seven furlongs was won by Sir Dancealot (David Elsworth/Gerald Mosse) come out on top in good style.
A Newbury summer raceday giving pride of place to young blood - horses & riders - and there's a new face at the course
Newbury Racecourse's Dream Lodge Group Summer Raceday on Tuesday (August 7) was a revival of a fixture that was dropped from last year's list - and it opened with a win for Her Majesty the Queen's appropriately named youngster Magnetic Charm ridden by James Doyle and trained at Newmarket by William Haggas.
New Zealand’s eventing team for the 2018 World Equestrian Games (WEG) is stacked with both Olympic and WEG experience - and includes three locally based eventing stars.
Georgie Strang and Cooley Earl have claimed the runner-up spot at Hickstead's main arena in one of the most iconic British equestrian events.
More Articles ...
- World Equestrian Games: New Zealand eventers hit hard by injury to a winning team's horse
- Delight for Richard Hannon as 16/1 Ginger Nut proves tough in Newbury's Super Sprint
- New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
- Salisbury races: Ladies Evening sees a popular De Sousa treble - & fashions galore
- Para-equestrian dressage rider has to forego selection to represent Great Britain
- Newbury Racing: Signora Cabello among 56 confirmations for Weatherbys Super Sprint
- Wesko's back! In France Tim Price and Wesko take second place at fifth Event Rider Masters leg
- Barbury Horse Trials leg of 2018 Event Rider Masters goes to France - with an amazing performance by Tom Carlile & Upsilon
- Barbury Horse Trials: local eventers leave the jockeys behind in spirited charity relay challenge
- Barbury Horse Trials with international stars of eventing - top horses - top riders - and there's fun for grown-ups & kids too
- Newbury Racecourse introduces the new £100,000 JLT Cup
- Andrew Nicholson honoured in New Zealand's Queen's Birthday Honours
- 2015 World Hurdle winner Cole Harden retires to Greatwood
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce is on a busy gap year - with a busy competition season finally underway
- Newbury Racecourse's Lockinge Day: some great racing, fine sunshine, no violence - and the wedding
- Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
- Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
- Eventing star Nereo - who with Andrew Nicholson aboard delighted the crowds so often - is retired
- Jonelle Price wins Badminton - tremendous achievement and a great day for motherhood!
- New Zealander Blyth Tait to design novice course at St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials