William Fox-Pitt (GBR) riding Clifton Signature leads the CIC*** dressage after the first day of competition at the St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials.
Barbury Castle trainer Alan King (pictured above) has been fined £2,000 by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) after Yanworth failed a drugs test taken following the Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival in March 2017.
World’s best event riders set for Barbury battle - as Andrew Nicholson targets sixth consecutive Barbury win
New Zealander eventer Andrew Nicholson, who is based near Marlborough at Lockeridge, has his sights set on his sixth Barbury CIC*** title in a row. Nicholson, pictured above at home with Nereo, is currently ranked the world number two event rider.
He will bring eight horses to compete across the four days at the St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials - 6- 9 July.
Our current Horse in the Spotlight - Fidelity - has remained faithful to his fancy for coming in second.
At Newbury you get entertaining racing & the chance to turn a pound stake into seventy quid on the Tote
A sunny day at Newbury Racecourse saw a good crowd for the eight race card. The card came with a warm-up act in the shape of a race for purebred Arabians sponsored by the Dubai International Arabian Races - and in the first race a major surprise for punters - well, for some of them.
To top off a good day's racing, Newbury Racecourse was named as the best large Racecourse in the south of England by the Racegoers Club. 'Team Newbury' was delighted with this accolade.
When I arrived to meet with Jonelle Price she scooted up, sitting side saddle on a tractor mower, having been busy cutting grass. Nearly seven months pregnant, it becomes apparent quite quickly that this lady is not going to let pregnancy slow her down.
Photo copyright Benjamin Clark/Event Rider Masters
Britain’s Sarah Cohen celebrated her first Event Rider Masters victory leading an all-female podium at Leg Two of the series at Wiesbaden - the first time a leg of the ERM competition has been held in mainland Europe.
The next leg of the 2017 series will be during the St James's Place Barbury International Horse Trials (July 6-9.)
Chelsea Pearce and Albert VI at the Houhgton International Horse Trials
Eighteen year-old event rider Chelsea Pearce, who is based near Marlborough, has won selection to the long-list for the British team to go to Ireland for the 2017 Young Rider European Championships.
She and Albert VI finished fourth at the Saracen Horse Feeds Houghton International Horse Trials in the CCIYR** - the premier young riders' class.
More Articles ...
- Marlborough Downs are one training yard down as George Baker Racing moves on
- Newbury's big day on the flat: a Godolphin double and wins for local trainers Hannon & Charlton
- Barbury launches business club to reach Wiltshire enterprises
- The Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes - the centrepiece of Newbury Racecourse’s richest race-day
- SUPPORTING THE LOCAL EQUESTRIAN INDUSTRY: behind the scenes with a vet from Wessex Equine
- Galileo Gold & Ribchester head acceptors for Newbury Racecourse’s £350,000 Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes
- July 2017: St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials to introduce arena eventing & ERM commentary for all
- Eventing: Andrew Nicholson wins his first Badminton - riding Nereo
- Classic contenders and Royal winner headline Dubai Duty Free Spring Trials Saturday
- The magic is back: for Frankie Dettori & Galileo Gold Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes cannot come soon enough
- Emma Lavelle's first year training on the Marlborough Downs sees her nearly double her winners
- Newbury Racecourse's flat season gets off to a fine start with the Spring Trials Weekend
- Laura Thomas: local point-to-point trainer's 'cracking season' - with an added hunter chase victory
- Trainer George Baker to leave his Manton yard
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - sun, crowds, fun, firm going...and not many runners
- Eventing: On the way to Badminton - Riddle Master gets some professional 'yoga'
- Andrew Nicholson set for another busy eventing season - as his horse Asis becomes As Is
- £90,000 raised at Newbury Racecourse's Greatwood charity raceday
- Cheltenham Festival: local star Lil Rockerfeller goes for gold in the Sun Bets Stayers' Hurdle
- Jan Perrins talks to former jockey, Cheltenham specialist & trainer Andy Turnell at Broad Hinton: what does he think of the Grand National now?