.The Grade 3 William Hill Supporting Greatwood Gold Cup is becoming a Paul Nicholls benefit after the ten-time champion jumps trainer extended his domination of the feature Newbury chase to nine victories with San Benedetoon Saturday (March 2)
The rain held off, but the clouds turned it quite dark by fifth race. The going - after the previous day's rain and some watering - was Good to Soft for Newbury Racecourse's Mencap Raceday (March 1) - and with another Emitom win, a new star may well have shown how bright he could shine.
Barbury basked in unseasonal sunshine on Saturday (February 23) for the rescheduled Vine & Craven Point-to-Point's eight races.
Paul Nicholls has three potential candidates for the William Hill Supporting Greatwood Gold Cup Handicap Chase (Grade 3) in which the ten times champion jumps trainer could claim his ninth victory at Newbury on Saturday, 2 March 2019.
MEETING ABANDONED DUE TO EQUINE FLU OUTBREAK PREVIEW: Barbury Racecourse is clear of snow & ready for season's second Vine & Craven point-to-point
THIS MEETING HAS BEEN ABANDONED DUE TO THE EQUINE FLU OUTBREAK *** The second Vine & Craven point-to-point of the season takes place on Sunday (February 10) at Barbury Racecourse and the eight scheduled races, which kick-off at 11.30am, have attracted an excellent 161 strong entry.
EVENTING PROFILE: as the new season approaches, New Zealander Jesse Campbell makes a new start - with his fiancée
Spring brings the start of the new eventing season in Europe - and it's bringing an exciting and fresh start for New Zealand eventer Jesse Campbell.
They are looking for a new 'title sponsor'.Barbury International, which this year runs from 4th - 7th July, has a new organising team at the helm. Musketeer Event Management, which already stages Burnham Market and Houghton Internationals as well as numerous One Day Events, has taken over the reins.
The Barbury International Horse Trials have been dropped from the 2019 programme of six venues for the Event Rider Masters televised series of competitions.
More Articles ...
- Denman gets permanent memorial at Newbury Racecourse with specially designed wrought iron gates
- Local star's four wins from four runs: Paisley Park gets closer still to Cheltenham Festival glory
- Newbury Racing: Betway Challow glory for Champ, a fond farewell for Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood & Richard Johnson's OBE
- Paisley Park gives owner, trainer and jockey a Grade 1 Christmas present at Ascot
- Newbury's Betway Challow Hurdle Day: first race will be named in honour of departing Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood
- Barbury International Point-to-Point's new date sees good support and great racing
- Laura Thomas: Barbury trainer faces economic truths - and keeps the pointers for fun
- Preview: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point takes on its new pre-Christmas & post Cheltenham date
- Newbury: Sizing Tennessee leads Tizzard one-two in £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy - local interest Dingo Dollar is third
- Elegant Escape favourite of 23 runners for Ladbrokes Trophy - Dingo Dollar & Black Corton in good shape for £250,000 Newbury highlight
- Barbury International point-to-point rewards young horse owners
- Barbury Racecourse point-to-point season opens with the Vine and Craven event
- Gallops Morning at Newbury Racecourse previews the second running of the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Indoor Eventing: Jesse Campbell and Diachello II excel in Stuttgart Masters
- Newbury's jumps season kicks off - good racing & some markers for the future
- Defending champion Total Recall, Terrefort & Thistlecrack head entries for Newbury's £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- Bucket list opportunity - with added silks
- Betway announced as new sponsor for Grade 1 Challow Novices' Hurdle at Newbury
- Newbury Racecourse's Flat season ends on a military note - and marks two centenaries
- New Jumps season: preparations and prospects for Emma Lavelle Racing