Earlier this month the New Zealand eventing team put in a stellar performance at Aachen to win the international competition - beating France (second) and Sweden (third) - as well as teams from the USA, Germany, Great Britain and Australia.
.Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon enjoyed a tremendous Weatherbys Super Sprint Day at Newbury on Saturday (July 21), as he recorded a big-race double with Ginger Nut and Yafta
New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
The Greatwood Charity, well-known and respected for its work with young people with special educational needs and disadvantaged children and working with retired and rescued racehorses, has turned its attention to adults seeking to overcome the effects of trauma - including post traumatic stress disorder.
It was a Ladies’ Evening to remember for jockey Silvestre De Sousa at Salisbury on Saturday (July 14) as the Brazilian rode a treble - delighting the crowd.
Alison Fryer lives in a village in the Marlborough area and keeps her horses in stables at Rockley - and she was selected to represent Great Britain in a one star para-equestrian dressage competition.
Royal Ascot winner Signora Cabello headlines 56 six-day acceptors for the feature £250,000 Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury this Saturday (July 21), with a live performance from Craig David after racing.
Fifteen year-old eventing star Wesko is back to top competitive form with a vengeance - after more than two years out following an injury - with a brilliant dressage score and no show jumping or cross country faults in a top international competition.
Barbury Horse Trials leg of 2018 Event Rider Masters goes to France - with an amazing performance by Tom Carlile & Upsilon
Frenchman Tom Carlile defended his Barbury Event Rider Masters (ERM) title in magnificent style, leading from the front on his striking grey stallion - a fitting climax to the 2018 St James's Place Barbury Horse Trials.
More Articles ...
- Barbury Horse Trials: local eventers leave the jockeys behind in spirited charity relay challenge
- Barbury Horse Trials with international stars of eventing - top horses - top riders - and there's fun for grown-ups & kids too
- Newbury Racecourse introduces the new £100,000 JLT Cup
- Andrew Nicholson honoured in New Zealand's Queen's Birthday Honours
- 2015 World Hurdle winner Cole Harden retires to Greatwood
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce is on a busy gap year - with a busy competition season finally underway
- Newbury Racecourse's Lockinge Day: some great racing, fine sunshine, no violence - and the wedding
- Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
- Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
- Eventing star Nereo - who with Andrew Nicholson aboard delighted the crowds so often - is retired
- Jonelle Price wins Badminton - tremendous achievement and a great day for motherhood!
- New Zealander Blyth Tait to design novice course at St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials
- Local trainers - and Frankie - make waves at Newbury Racecourse's first weekend of the Flat season
- Local eventer Flora Harris is well prepared for a third Badminton completion
- Salisbury Racecourse has a rich history - and a record-breaking season ahead
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point draws a large - if rather wet - crowd to watch some great racing
- Off to a flying start: Martyn Meade's Chilean is his first runner and first winner out of Manton
- Locally trained entry confirmed for the Grand National: Milansbar will run with Bryony Frost aboard
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - but first tomorrow's jockeys take their turn