Tim Price has won the prestigious Boekelo individual eventing competition in Holland and in doing so helped New Zealand take the Nations Cup - 13.4 penalty points ahead of Germany.
Will Rawlin, a talented up and coming event rider, has signed up to Elite Horse Owners ahead of his debut at the KBIS British Eventing Young Horse Championships held at the Osberton International Horse Trials in Nottinghamshire this week (28 & 29 September.)
After a Hannon treble, James Garfield's star turn at Newbury was a real bonus for his newlywed trainer
James Garfield - with Frankie Dettori aboard - provided trainer George Scott with a perfect belated wedding surprise when breaking the juvenile course record in the £75,000 Group 2 Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes - the highlight of day two of the Dubai Duty Free International Weekend at Newbury (September 23.)
Newmarket-based Scott was recording a breakthrough first Group success just seven days after marrying Polly, daughter of James Garfield's co-owner Bill Gredley.
Newbury Racecourse has four more days of flat racing ahead - and the highlight could well be the renewed rivalry between Cardsharp and US Navy Flag in the £75,000 Group Two Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes on the second day of the Dubai Duty Free International Weekend (Saturday, September 23.)
It is a long and expensive journey to take a horse from Britain to the USA for a race, but it can pay big dividends. Late last month, Ogbourne Maizey trainer Emma Lavelle took Casino Markets - a nine year-old brown gelding - to race at Saratoga in New York State.
As the new jump racing season approaches, the horses at trainer Neil King's are all back from their summer in the fields - and looking wonderful on top of that spur of the Marlborough Downs that lies a handful of furlongs from Barbury Castle.
Marlborough’s Josie Symons has helped Great Britain win a stunning team gold at the International Equestrian Federation's European Showjumping Championship 2017 for Young Riders, Juniors and Children on Horses in Samorin, Slovakia (8-13 August).
Great Britain’s Gemma Tattersall stamped her dominance on the 2017 Event Rider Master series by winning last weekend's fifth leg at Gatcombe Park Festival of British Eventing.
More Articles ...
- Newbury Racecourse: John Francome honoured with renaming of novices' chase on Ladbrokes Trophy Day in December
- Hat trick for Fahey's northern powerhouse as Bengali Boys streaks home in Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury
- Can Richard Hannon's Epsom winner scoop Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury?
- Local Kiwi eventers aim for Nations Cup win at Aachen - with Chef d'Equipe Graeme Thom
- Event Rider Masters: will a superb contest & thrilling finish help to safeguard the future of Barbury Horse Trials?
- Twelve years on William Fox-Pitt puts his signature on Barbury again
- Barbury Horse Trials Day Three: France's Thomas Carlile takes the lead in a thrilling dressage phase
- Barbury Horse Trials - Day Two: Britain's Kristina Cook leads in the CIC three star
- Fox-Pitt leads CIC*** dressage at St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials
- Trainer Alan King fined: Champion Hurdle favourite Yanworth failed drug test
- World’s best event riders set for Barbury battle - as Andrew Nicholson targets sixth consecutive Barbury win
- Local racehorse Fidelity stays faithful to second place
- At Newbury you get entertaining racing & the chance to turn a pound stake into seventy quid on the Tote
- Jonelle Price: pregnancy means she will miss Barbury - her favourite event
- Event Rider Masters: next stop Barbury as Britain’s Sarah Cohen wins second leg in Germany
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce long-listed for British squad at Young Rider European Championships
- Marlborough Downs are one training yard down as George Baker Racing moves on
- Newbury's big day on the flat: a Godolphin double and wins for local trainers Hannon & Charlton
- Barbury launches business club to reach Wiltshire enterprises
- The Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes - the centrepiece of Newbury Racecourse’s richest race-day