The feature race at Newbury Racecourse's Ladies Day (August 18), the £150,000 G2 Ladyswood Stud Hungerford Stakes over seven furlongs was won by Sir Dancealot (David Elsworth/Gerald Mosse) come out on top in good style.
A Newbury summer raceday giving pride of place to young blood - horses & riders - and there's a new face at the course
Newbury Racecourse's Dream Lodge Group Summer Raceday on Tuesday (August 7) was a revival of a fixture that was dropped from last year's list - and it opened with a win for Her Majesty the Queen's appropriately named youngster Magnetic Charm ridden by James Doyle and trained at Newmarket by William Haggas.
New Zealand’s eventing team for the 2018 World Equestrian Games (WEG) is stacked with both Olympic and WEG experience - and includes three locally based eventing stars.
Georgie Strang and Cooley Earl have claimed the runner-up spot at Hickstead's main arena in one of the most iconic British equestrian events.
Earlier this month the New Zealand eventing team put in a stellar performance at Aachen to win the international competition - beating France (second) and Sweden (third) - as well as teams from the USA, Germany, Great Britain and Australia.
.Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon enjoyed a tremendous Weatherbys Super Sprint Day at Newbury on Saturday (July 21), as he recorded a big-race double with Ginger Nut and Yafta
New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
The Greatwood Charity, well-known and respected for its work with young people with special educational needs and disadvantaged children and working with retired and rescued racehorses, has turned its attention to adults seeking to overcome the effects of trauma - including post traumatic stress disorder.
It was a Ladies’ Evening to remember for jockey Silvestre De Sousa at Salisbury on Saturday (July 14) as the Brazilian rode a treble - delighting the crowd.
More Articles ...
- Para-equestrian dressage rider has to forego selection to represent Great Britain
- Newbury Racing: Signora Cabello among 56 confirmations for Weatherbys Super Sprint
- Wesko's back! In France Tim Price and Wesko take second place at fifth Event Rider Masters leg
- Barbury Horse Trials leg of 2018 Event Rider Masters goes to France - with an amazing performance by Tom Carlile & Upsilon
- Barbury Horse Trials: local eventers leave the jockeys behind in spirited charity relay challenge
- Barbury Horse Trials with international stars of eventing - top horses - top riders - and there's fun for grown-ups & kids too
- Newbury Racecourse introduces the new £100,000 JLT Cup
- Andrew Nicholson honoured in New Zealand's Queen's Birthday Honours
- 2015 World Hurdle winner Cole Harden retires to Greatwood
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce is on a busy gap year - with a busy competition season finally underway
- Newbury Racecourse's Lockinge Day: some great racing, fine sunshine, no violence - and the wedding
- Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
- Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
- Eventing star Nereo - who with Andrew Nicholson aboard delighted the crowds so often - is retired
- Jonelle Price wins Badminton - tremendous achievement and a great day for motherhood!
- New Zealander Blyth Tait to design novice course at St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials
- Local trainers - and Frankie - make waves at Newbury Racecourse's first weekend of the Flat season
- Local eventer Flora Harris is well prepared for a third Badminton completion
- Salisbury Racecourse has a rich history - and a record-breaking season ahead
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition