It is vital for them to get competitions in before the major events - Badminton (May 1-5) comes up pretty quickly.Like racing trainers, as their season gets underway, Britain's eventers are looking obsessively at weather forecasts.
CHELTENHAM PREVIEW: How do I get to Ogbourne Maizey? Where? Bonita Racing Stables? Oh, just ask for Paisley Park
The Emma Lavelle Racing stables - aka Bonita Racing Stables and currently Ogbourne Maizey's main attraction - have had dozens of visitors over the past few weeks.
Newbury Racecourse's meeting on Wednesday (January 16) will be the first overseen by their new Clark of the Course, Keith Ottesen.
Driving solo from west Wales to Mongolia raising funds for charity - with a stop-off to meet a local para-equestrian
He came to see para-equestrian dressage rider Alison Fryer.Thirty year-old Guy Simmonds' first stop on his epic solo 2019 journey - by any standards the journey of a lifetime - was Rockley.
Eventing profile: after a year in the Marlborough area & a good season, Georgie Strang looks to next year's challenges
And it's been a good year for her: "I'm really pleased with our progress - it's been educational for myself and the horses. My younger horses have stepped up and I have some new young horses too. And Cooley Earl and I completed Badminton."It has been a year of change for eventer Georgie Strang - her first year in the Marlborough area.
Ian Balding has been paying tribute to the best horse he ever trained as he recalls the life and career of the great Mill Reef, one of the most popular racehorses of all time, who was born 50 years ago this year.
My ride in Glorious Goodwood's 2018 Magnolia Cup - the premier charity race for amateur women riders
When the phone rang on June 14 asking if I could ride in this year’s Magnolia Cup, my heart leapt. This was a race I had always wanted to ride in.
Newbury racecourse marked the opening of its Flat racing season by installing a remarkable sculpture at the heart of the parade rings - Tom Hiscocks' massive yet finely realised depiction of a drinking horse.
More Articles ...
- Luke Harvey talks about riding, owning & training point-to-point horses - his love for the sport & its future
- She's the official - and ace - photographer for Newbury Racecourse - known generally as 'Smiler'
- The pony who's surviving Equine Grass Sickness - a relatively unknown, but often fatal condition
- Marlborough trainer Emma Lavelle's new jumps season gets off the mark at Ffos Las
- Interview: Local Flat jockey Jimmy Fortune on his career and why he decided to retire
- Still re-inventing eventing: how Event Rider Masters is opening up the sport
- Michelle Williamson runs the White Horse Livery - & really enjoyed her first three star eventing at Barbury
- SUPPORTING THE EQUESTRIAN INDUSTRY: how Chapel Forge Farriers & their apprentices provide an equine podiatry service from foal to racehorse
- Badminton call heralds breakthrough for Lissa Green and Ali G
- Retraining of Racehorses: the story of the stellar second career of Marlborough owned & trained racehorse Beware Chalk Pit
- The Queen watches Wiltshire PCSO Annabel Twiddy and Donnerbolzen's winning rounds
- Grand National hope The Druid's Nephew highlights James' success story at Cheltenham
- An apprentice’s diary from the World Equestrian Games 2014