And back to the rigours of the coronavirus - the effects of which she had not heard about while in deepest Patagonia - and the shut down of horse racing across the UK.Clare King is now home at Barbury Castle from her adventurous ride in Patagonia - back to husband jumps trainer Neil King and their two children.
Point-to-point racing in Britain has been shut down for the 2019-20 season - due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As Newbury will be racing 'behind closed doors' this coming weekend, the charity race re-scheduled for Saturday, 21 March will NOT now take place. The Greatwood Charity has two new Newbury Racecourse dates for your diaries - Saturday, 21 March and Saturday, 16 May.
Newbury's Mencap meeting: Pipe ponders Cheltenham targets for Brinkley and Richard Johnson's winning again
David Pipe is eyeing potential Cheltenham Festival targets for Brinkley after the five-year-old Martaline gelding produced an eye-catching performance in landing the West Berkshire Mencap “National Hunt” Novices’ Handicap Hurdle at Newbury on Friday (February 28).
Paul Nicholls will be triple-handed as he bids for a record tenth success in the Grade 3 William Hill Supporting Greatwood Gold Cup at Newbury on Saturday (February 29).
Before the 2020 eventing season in Britain has even started, it has been dealt a severe blow with the cancellation of the 2020 running of international Event Rider Masters competition - due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Brian Meehan launches racing club for 2020's Flat season - the horse has been chosen but not his name
Manton trainer Brian Meehan is launching a new syndicate in the form of a racing club for the new Flat season and on Saturday (February 29) members and potential members were at a special open day to see the chosen, unnamed two-year old.
It'll be the challenge of her life: after racing in Mongolia, Clare King's tackling the Patagonian Andes for a children's cancer charity
Now Clare King is saddling up for the ride of a lifetime across the remote Patagonian Andes in South America.She normally rides out for her husband, the successful jump racing trainer Neil King on the northern edge of the Marlborough downs - where it's windy, but it's a gentle landscape.
Trainer Dan Skelton hopes he has found the right horse in Bennys King to secure his first win in the William Hill Supporting Greatwood Gold Cup and deny his former boss Paul Nicholls a tenth success in the race at Newbury on Saturday (February 29).
More Articles ...
- Olivia May’s Newbury Racecourse debut - in aid of the Greatwood Charity
- Newbury: Pic d’Orhy pulls off surprise victory for Nicholls in £155,000 Betfair Hurdle...
- Newbury races: Jonjo O’Neill jr relishing ride on Gold Cup winner Native River in Betfair Denman Chase triple bid
- Jonny Burke on his 'tough ask' as Not So Sleepy tackles £100,000 Betfair bonus challenge
- Altior ready to prove himself again as Henderson aims for hat-trick in Newbury's Betfair Exchange Chase
- Point-to-point preview: record number of entries for Sunday's Vine & Craven meeting at Barbury Racecourse
- Morrison hoping it could be Sleepy time at Newbury on Saturday as hurdler chases £100,000 bonus
- Pointing: young trainer Chloe Boxall is going places - with her string of six horses
- St John's equestrians start 2020 with qualifications for summer contests
- Barbury Racecourse: Vine & Craven point-to-point gets a new race - the stable staff dash
- Lavelle finds Betfair Hurdle prize too valuable to ignore for emerging hurdler Highly Prized
- Your Darling compared to the great Best Mate after winning bumper debut at Newbury
- Trainer Hughie Morrison mulls £100,000 bonus as Not So Sleepy given Betfair Hurdle entry
- Wilton Horse Trials announce their new title sponsor
- Thyme Hill favourite for Albert Bartlett after Betway Challow Hurdle win at Newbury
- Lavelle hoping to taste yet more Newbury success with Eclair Surf in the Betway Challow Hurdle
- Hobbs hopes it’s Thyme for another Challow Hurdle success as Hill aims for Newbury’s Grade 1 race
- POINT-TO-POINTING FEATURE: Sara Bradstock on her riding career & the sport she loves - daughter Lily tells of her ambitions
- Grand National runner-up Magic Of Light claims second win in Newbury Listed Chase
- Barbury International Racing Club point-to-point attracts a big crowd big fields & six Irish raiders
- PREVIEW: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point attracts a record entry
- Newbury Racecourse: attendance up for both Ladbrokes Winter Carnival days
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Trophy: De Rasher Counter brings home the bacon on memorable weekend for local trainer Emma Lavelle
- Ladbrokes Winter Festival at Newbury: Paisley Park returns in triumph - defeating Thistlecrack in Friday feature race
- Newbury Races: Full house as Elegant Escape heads maximum field of 24 for £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- Ladbrokes Trophy hope De Rasher Counter is a real local interest - both bred and trained very near Marlborough
- A dead cert Christmas book: Anne Holland celebrates The Grand National
- St John’s Academy equestrian squad goes from strength to strength
- Newbury's morning gallops ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival sees AP back in the saddle - on the favourite
- NEWBURY RACECOURSE: OUR LADBROKES TROPHY DAY COMPETITION - the five winners are...
- Emma Lavelle Racing: picking up speed for the new jump season - & a visit from the neighbours
- Champ extends unbeaten record at Newbury with impressive first win over fences
- Hannon's three international raiders go unplaced
- Paisley Park to gallop before racing at Newbury on Thursday
- Jump racing comes back to Newbury - & local trainers are eager for the 'OFF'
- Home and away: Richard Hannon looks for big winners in Australia and the USA
- Ladbrokes Trophy: showtime for 69-strong syndicate hoping to see Cabaret Queen crowned for a day
- Shock as top local jump jockey Wayne Hutchinson retires
- Eventing: first CCI5* title for Tom McEwen - another ducking for Tim Price
- Bettys Hope Super Sprint success voted ‘Moment of the Season’ after outstanding Flat campaign at Newbury
- Alan King’s Trueshan looks stayer of the future after gutsy triumph in £50,000 Newbury feature
- They're back! Newbury's 2018 dead-heaters to face each other again in the course's last Flat card of the season
- COMPETITION: win tickets to Newbury Racecourse's big jumps day - the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Tim Price triumphs in France with seven year-old Happy Boy
- Champions Day: Withhold has earned the chance to take on Stradivarius, but ground concerns in-form Jason Watson
- Eventing: Marlborough locals bring home the Boekelo bacon
- Eventing: Christine Bates is flying high again on Adelaide Hill
- Newbury rounds off its Flat season with awards - including one you can vote for
- Worthington’s 'remember together' family raceday returns to Newbury Racecourse
- Emma Lavelle has a plan for Paisley Park's new season - and lots of other exciting prospects