With her A Levels behind her, eventer Chelsea Pearce, who is based near Marlborough, is making the most of her gap year.
Al Shaqab Lockinge Day (May 19) is Newbury Racecourse's most important day of the Flat season - this year it saw the royal wedding, sunshine, extra security, no violent scenes...and some remarkable racing.
Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
Georgie Strang has joined the Marlborough area’s unique stable of top eventers - joining Sir Mark Todd’s yard at Badgerstown on the edge of the Marlborough Downs.
Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
Limato was exercising on trainer Henry Candy's gallops north of Lambourn - the weather was perfect, the turf was amazing and Limato looked a picture.The skylarks were so high you could not spot them against the blue sky.
Nereo took Andrew Nicholson to his first Badminton victory in 2017. Now, on the last day if Badminton 2018, the eighteen year-old Lockeridge based eventing horse has been retired from top-level competitions.
Jonelle is the first female winner of Badminton for eleven years.New Zealand eventer Jonelle Price has won the prestigious four star 2018 Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials - 4.9 penalty points ahead of Britain's Oliver Townend.
Blyth Tait, one the world’s most respected event riders, will design the novice cross-country course at this year’s St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials (5-8 July).
The Friday of Newbury Racecourse's first Flat meeting of the season - the Dubai Duty Free Spring Trials Weekend - saw sunshine and good racing, the Saturday (April 21) saw a little less less sunshine but some great racing.
More Articles ...
- Local eventer Flora Harris is well prepared for a third Badminton completion
- Salisbury Racecourse has a rich history - and a record-breaking season ahead
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point draws a large - if rather wet - crowd to watch some great racing
- Off to a flying start: Martyn Meade's Chilean is his first runner and first winner out of Manton
- Locally trained entry confirmed for the Grand National: Milansbar will run with Bryony Frost aboard
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - but first tomorrow's jockeys take their turn
- Rain and snow and more rain: the weather will have a lasting effect on equestrian sport
- PREVIEW: Tedworth Point-to-Point at Barbury Racecourse - a full card expected with ninety-three entries
- Petition saves life of disabled driving group's horse - for now
- Larkhill's Avon Vale Races to celebrate James McNeile's life & memory - at the anniversary of his death
- Dates for the diary: St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials box office now open
- Lambourn Open Day VERY curtailed due to wet conditions
- End of Newbury's jump racing season marked with popular prizes
- 'The Newburys' - the racecourse celebrates the stars of their Jump racing season
- New Eventing Club gives access to enthusiasts - once the season gets clear of snow
- Cheltenham Festival final day declarations: Redicean is the big local interest, but can Nicky Henderson make it a Festival hat trick?
- Cheltenham 2018: declarations for Thursday - & a local duel in the Stayers' Hurdle
- Local interest for Cheltenham Festival's Wednesday/Day Two - but first rain and then Altior are headline news
- Local trainers' close watch on the Cheltenham Festival going as rain takes its toll