Sponsored by St James’s Place Wealth Management, the Barbury Horse Trials will, once again, be held on the downs just north of Marlborough (5-8 July 2018), The trials are one of the highlights of the equestrian calendar - and their box office is now open.
PLEASE CHECK THE LAMBOURN OPEN DAY WEBSITE - WITH CURRENT RAIN ARRANGEMENTS ARE CHANGING - CAR PARKS UNUSABLE ETC
The Peter O'Sullevan Lambourn Open Day will be going ahead on Good Friday - but only in the morning. After the recent - and current? - rain, the afternoon events in the main arena have had to be cancelled.
Newbury Racecourse’s 2017/18 Jump racing season ends this weekend with the two-day Be Wiser Jump Season Finale on Friday, March 23, and Saturday, March 24.
Cheltenham Festival final day declarations: Redicean is the big local interest, but can Nicky Henderson make it a Festival hat trick?
Declarations made today (Wednesday, March 14) for the final day - Gold Cup day - of the 2018 Cheltenham Festival have been overshadowed by the news from Ladies' Day.
Local interest for Cheltenham Festival's Wednesday/Day Two - but first rain and then Altior are headline news
So the talk is all about the going. Until, that is, news came in that Altior had suffered a setback.Cheltenham got a little more rain on Monday and more is expected during the week.
The second day of Newbury Racecourse's final meeting of their jump season - a meeting sponsored by Be Wiser Insurance - saw an innovation to celebrate the season's stars with a series of prizes named The Newburys.
The Aldon International in Somerset is one of the first major eventing competitions of the season. It was cold riding there on Saturday (March 17) - and Sunday's part of the competition was cancelled.
And then the sun shone.It was not so much the betting forecasts that mattered on Day One of the 2018 Cheltenham Festival, but the weather forecast.
Cheltenham Racecourse had ten millimetres of rain during Sunday-Monday night - and the going by 9.00am on Monday morning was 'heavy, soft in places' - from Sunday's 'soft, heavy in places'.
More Articles ...
- Keith Ottesen appointed Clerk of the Course at Newbury Racecourse
- The Cheltenham Festival build-up: horses to watch from trainer Alan King's Barbury Castle yard
- Stable worker at Aldbourne stud is finallist for the Godolphin Newcomer award
- Luke Harvey talks about riding, owning & training point-to-point horses - his love for the sport & its future
- Emma Lavelle's young horses take centre stage as the jump season winds up the excitement
- Kalashnikov wins the Betfair Hurdle on Betfair Super Saturday at Newbury Racecourse - and Barbury Castle's Valdez is back
- Famous five storm Newbury's Betfair Hurdle - champion trainer Nicky Henderson's bid for sixth win - then there's Altior
- Barbury International Horse Trials stays firmly on the Event Rider Masters' 2018 calendar
- She's the official - and ace - photographer for Newbury Racecourse - known generally as 'Smiler'
- Newbury Racecourse: 41 still going for the £155,000 Betfair Hurdle on Betfair Super Saturday
- Second Barbury International point-to-point attracts entries from two Irish trainers to run in some more than Irish weather
- Andrew Nicholson draws a huge crowd to raise money for the Prospect Hospice
- Milansbar is back in great form - and Bryony Frost gave him an 'ace' ride
- Barbury International Point-to-Point: record entry includes 14 from Irish trainers & a three division 'bumper'
- Barbury International Point-to-Point affirms its international status
- End of 2017 thriller: Poetic Rhythm's narrow Challow Hurdle win at Newbury - great day for Fergal - mixed fortunes for Nicky
- Pete's retired - again - but he still takes the top prize
- Barbury reaches out to Irish pointers to join its International meeting
- Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon fined £8,000 for fourth cross-contamination error
- Newbury Racecourse's first Ladbrokes Winter Carnival: Irish raider Total Recall lands Ladbrokes Trophy - delighting Willie Mullins & Irish visitors
- Newbury's Ladbrokes Winter Carnival's first day - it's Yanworth versus the mutterers & Thistlecrack versus Unowhatimeanharry
- A Small Grant Means the Going’s Good at Greatwood!
- Barbury's first point-to-point of the season attracts punters, a chill wind and some strong fields
- New sponsor, new silverware: the new perpetual Ladbrokes Trophy unveiled
- He's a local lad, a racing legend and now he's got a Newbury chase named after him: John Francome talks about his favourite racecourse
- Plan to fund point-to-point race in memory of keen rider James McNeille who died last April in a fall
- Coneygree back on target for the Ladbrokes Trophy after Newbury schooling session
- PREVIEW: Point-to-pointing returns to Barbury Racecourse
- The pony who's surviving Equine Grass Sickness - a relatively unknown, but often fatal condition
- Forty-five still on course for Newbury's first running of the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy - but no Smad Place
- Newbury racecourse prepares for new Ladbrokes Winter Carnival meeting - come summer will it welcome an Aussie star?
- More good news for Manton: Newmarket trainer Martyn Meade buys 'a major part of the estate'
- Tim Price wins second place in world eventing rankings as 2017 season ends
- Entries announced for first Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury: can Smad Place make the winner's enclosure again?
- Newbury Racecourse's last day of the Flat season sees Group 3 honours for Best Solution, Nebo & Frankie
- Marlborough trainer Emma Lavelle's new jumps season gets off the mark at Ffos Las
- Interview: Local Flat jockey Jimmy Fortune on his career and why he decided to retire
- Brian Meehan is buying Manton's famed training yard and the historic gallops
- Second retirement for former racehorse Beware Chalk Pit - and a celebratory final show ring victory
- Eventing: New Zealand's Tim Price wins in Holland - riding his wife's ride Cekatinka
- Will Rawlin: local event rider heads to five-year-old championships with Elite Horse Owners support
- After a Hannon treble, James Garfield's star turn at Newbury was a real bonus for his newlywed trainer
- Newbury's Dubai Duty Free International Weekend to see a rivalry renewed
- Emma Lavelle took Casino Markets to the USA - a good experience for future sorties
- Local trainer Neil King's Open Day invitation - as he prepares for the new jump season
- Marlborough's Josie Symons and GB team crowned European champions
- Britain's Gemma Tattersall takes ex-racehorse Arctic Soul to win Gatcombe's ERM
- Still re-inventing eventing: how Event Rider Masters is opening up the sport
- Newbury Racecourse: John Francome honoured with renaming of novices' chase on Ladbrokes Trophy Day in December
- Hat trick for Fahey's northern powerhouse as Bengali Boys streaks home in Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury