Trainer Jonjo ONeil is hoping that Cloth Cap can bag another victory in the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury on November 27
Racing and stud staff are being invited for a day out at Newbury Racecourse next Saturday (23rd).
The move is in support of Racing Welfare’s Racing Staff Week.
Hetta Stevens is the new assistant trainer with Neil King at Barbury. The Wroughton trainer is also aiming to build on success with jockey Bryony Frost over the Winter. Bryony showed up at Neil’s Ridgeway Racing yard at Upper Hersdwick Farm on the Marlborough Downs on Sunday.
Racing charities Greatwood and Retraining of Racehorses (RoR) are working with the Racing Together team to deliver a pilot programme at OSJCT Coombe End Court care home in Marlborough.
Greatwood - based on the outskirts of Marlborough- was the first charity to use former racehorses to educate children, young people and adults with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
Back by popular demand for a second event this year
Due to popular demand, the organisers of The Wiltshire Show have agreed to hold a second show this year during the weekend of 25 and 26 September.
Wootton Bassett’s Hat 2 Hoof in line for top award
Hat 2 Hoof has rapidly turned into a horse and pony rider’s Mecca in Wiltshire.
Now, four and a half years after opening in the Old Post Office in Broad Hinton, the store, and its owner Terri Hemmings have been nominated for a top award – to her complete surprise.
The Application for development of the Equine Clinic at Poulton Mill was discussed on Monday evening at the Town Council’s Planning Committee meeting. Planning reference: PL/2021/04663
Dr Andre Buthe, owner of the site and applicant along with his wife Dr Christna Ober, was present at the meeting to present the proposals and answer questions from Councillors of the committee and also members of the public present.
More Articles ...
- Newbury Races: Sam Spinner renews rivalry with Paisley Park in Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle
- Newbury Racecourse: 2020 renewal of the Ladbrokes Trophy looks a wide open race
- Newbury: Ladbrokes gallops morning to be broadcast live on Racing TV - free to air
- Newbury Races: entries announced for Ladbrokes Trophy - can De Rasher Counter win again?
- After eventing's COVID hit season, there's finally a 5* star contest - in France
- Their wedding postponed, Olympic dreams on hold, but 2020 isn’t all bad for local eventing duo Jesse Campbell & Georgie Strang
- Newbury Racecourse: Cairn Gorm looking for local success in Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Unibet return to sponsor two-day Hungerford Meeting at Newbury Racecourse
- Newbury Racecourse: 25 declared for Weatherbys Super Sprint with Get It the favourite
- Barbury Horse Trials open the much curtailed eventing season - without the crowds
- Brian Meehan Racing Club's two-year-old Tanfantic wins his first race
- In July Barbury Horse Trials will reopen the British eventing season - behind closed doors
- Newbury welcomes return of horse racing with three-day restart fixture
- Locally trained Newbury star De Rasher Counter now has a full brother
- COVID-19 RESPONSE: Newbury Racecourse adds kitchens, staff & more to meet meals on wheels demand for vulnerable elderly in West Berkshire
- Patagonian adventure: Clare King comes second in the first Gaucho Derby
- Coronavirus: Barbury Racecourse loses second point-to-point as season is shut down
- Event Rider Masters cancels 2020 series due to Impact of coronavirus pandemic
- Greatwood Charity's Newbury events re-scheduled - amateur riders race & their raceday
- Brian Meehan launches racing club for 2020's Flat season - the horse has been chosen but not his name