Ladbrokes Trophy hope De Rasher Counter is a real local interest - both bred and trained very near Marlborough
He is trained by Emma Lavelle at the Bonita Racing Yard in Ogbourne Maizey and owned by a partnership that includes Andrew Gemmell - owner of Paisley Park.Of real local interest in Saturday's (November 30) running of the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury Racecourse, is seven year-old gelding De Rasher Counter.
St John’s Academy equestrian squad has grown from just eight student members three years ago to thirty very active members who have achieved some considerable success in both area and national competitions.
We now have five worthy winners drawn from a very large hat.A larger than expected number people entered our marlborough.news and marlboroughequestrian.news competition for five FREE pairs of tickets for the Ladbrokes Trophy day of Newbury Racecourse's Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
He remains unbeaten at the course.With a name like Champ there is a lot to live up to, but the jumper named after Sir AP McCoy demonstrated he could go right to the top over fences with an impressive chasing debut at Newbury on Thursday (7 November 2019).
Here's an ideal Christmas present for anyone interested in horses and racing: The Grand National - a Celebration of the World's Most Famous Horse Race by Anne Holland.
Newbury's morning gallops ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival sees AP back in the saddle - on the favourite
AP McCoy was back in the saddle at Newbury Racecourse (Tuesday, November 19) to give Ok Corral - the current favourite for the Ladbrokes Trophy - a turn over Newbury's grass as part the racecourse's gallops morning ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival (29 & 30 November).
It had been a particularly busy week, with runners at Huntingdon, Kempton, Exeter, Chepstow and Newbury, but that didn’t stop local racehorse trainer, Emma Lavelle opening her doors on Friday morning to residents from the three nearby Ogbourne villages for the annual locals’ yard visit.
Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon had said that the four-year-old colt Raymond Tusk "...is the ideal type of horse to run (and hopefully win) a Melbourne Cup as he's still reltively lightly raced."
More Articles ...
- Paisley Park to gallop before racing at Newbury on Thursday
- Jump racing comes back to Newbury - & local trainers are eager for the 'OFF'
- Home and away: Richard Hannon looks for big winners in Australia and the USA
- Ladbrokes Trophy: showtime for 69-strong syndicate hoping to see Cabaret Queen crowned for a day
- Shock as top local jump jockey Wayne Hutchinson retires
- Eventing: first CCI5* title for Tom McEwen - another ducking for Tim Price
- Bettys Hope Super Sprint success voted ‘Moment of the Season’ after outstanding Flat campaign at Newbury
- Alan King’s Trueshan looks stayer of the future after gutsy triumph in £50,000 Newbury feature
- They're back! Newbury's 2018 dead-heaters to face each other again in the course's last Flat card of the season
- COMPETITION: win tickets to Newbury Racecourse's big jumps day - the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Tim Price triumphs in France with seven year-old Happy Boy
- Champions Day: Withhold has earned the chance to take on Stradivarius, but ground concerns in-form Jason Watson
- Eventing: Marlborough locals bring home the Boekelo bacon
- Eventing: Christine Bates is flying high again on Adelaide Hill
- Newbury rounds off its Flat season with awards - including one you can vote for
- Worthington’s 'remember together' family raceday returns to Newbury Racecourse
- Emma Lavelle has a plan for Paisley Park's new season - and lots of other exciting prospects
- How the Elite Racing Club - and its partner syndicates - can make racehorse ownership into an affordable hobby
- Going greener: The Energy Check to be an official partner of Newbury Racecourse
- Pierre Lapin emulates half-brother Harry Angel with victory in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Barbury Castle trainer Alan King's exciting Flat prospect: Tritonic wins at Newbury - a Derby prospect?
- Can Pierre Lapin follow in the footsteps of half-brother Harry Angel in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes?
- Good evening for outsiders at Salisbury's Friday 13 meeting
- Busy week at Salisbury with success for Emaraaty Ana in Tuesday's main race
- New star of the season Mums Tipple could top the bill in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Eventing: local Burghley champion lines up a trio to chase the 2019 crown
- Richard Hannon charity open day draws a large crowd - a chance to see behind the scenes & check out some star horses
- A Victorian 'DUEL': the young aristocrat won the girl & gambled away a fortune as her jilted fiancé sought revenge at England's racecourses
- Salisbury races: a 100-1 chance takes the opening race - a first win for Megan Trainor
- Victory for Lucy Jackson in Event Rider Masters' Irish leg : another New Zealand win
- Salisbury's 2-day summer meeting sees Oisin Murphy edge closer to clinching Champion Jockey title
- It’s not just the price tag: Glorious Journey bags biggest win in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- Newbury: Mulrennan spurns home comforts to steer Orlaith to Listed Byerley Stud success
- Elsworth star Sir Dancealot poised for history-making bid in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- August meeting: Unibet to sponsor Hungerford Day at Newbury racecourse
- Newbury: Richard Hannon records 4,458-1 five-timer to reach 100 wins for the year
- Eventing: Champagne win as Classic Moet Takes British Open title
- Supreme New Zealand eventer Sir Mark Todd retires - to concentrate on racing
- Al Shaqab extends sponsorship of Newbury's Lockinge Stakes to 2024
- Salisbury Races: an evening for favourites - and favourite songs
- Newbury Races: medic Mitchell becomes first person with one eye to ride in British horse race
- From jump racing star to eventing - is Saphir du Rheu's second career about to take off?
- Marlborough Town Council presentation acknowledges Tim and Jonelle Price's achievements
- Newbury: Millman’s bargain buy takes Weatherbys Super Sprint - & a great comeback for Roger Charlton's Withhold
- Just seconds away: Tim Price & Wesko miss victory at Aachen - New Zealand 2nd in the Nations' Cup
- Newbury: Shadn blooms to deliver Rose Bowl win for new Qatari owner
- Newbury’s Super Sprint Day could see the Melbourne Ten blazers jumping for joy
- Salisbury's Ladies Evening fields a 50-1 winner - and traditional Best Dressed contests
- Fellowes hopes Carnwennan will be too sharp for top rivals in Newbury's £100,000 Marsh Cup
- Barbury International 2019 - final day: the 'King of Barbury' regains his crown