New Zealand eventing looks for a UK-based manager
As we have reported, the Marlborough area is home to most of New Zealand's top-performing event riders.
Now, with some changes at the top of the sport, the High Performance Director of Equestrian Sports New Zealand is calling for expressions of interest for someone to take theUK-based role of High Performance Manager (Eventing) for 2017-2018.
"The High Performance Manager will be a key part of the Eventing High Performance Team which is tasked with delivering a world-leading eventing high performance programme that produces repeatable and sustainable successes at Olympic and World Championships."
"Based in the United Kingdom, the Eventing High Performance Manager will be accountable for leadership and management of the NZ Eventing Team campaign programme."
"Applicants will need to be have:
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Understanding of international Eventing competitions, rules and environment
• High Performance sport experience
• Skills and ability to support and challenge high performance athletes, including experience with performance analytics
• UK-based, but required to support and lead NZ- domiciled riders also
• Available for international travel and competitions globally.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills."
This post was first announced on November 10.
For New Zealand eventers, 2017 is an in-between year as regards international competitions.
In the Northern Hemisphere the year will be dominated by the European eventing championships, with the World Equestrian Games coming round in 2018. The Tokyo Olympics will be in 2020.