Sara Bradstock, assistant trainer to her husband Mark, talked enthusiastically about Coneygree's schooling at Newbury's gallops' morning ahead of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival (December 1 & 2).
Barbury Racecourse reopens for business on Sunday (November 26) for its first point-to-point of the season - the Point-to-Point Owners and Riders (PPORA) meeting. There are 91 entries for the six races - and when we last checked the going was 'good to soft'.
Forty-five still on course for Newbury's first running of the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy - but no Smad Place
A bumper 45 horses a still on course for the Ladbrokes Trophy - previously known as the Hennessy Gold Cup - at Newbury on Saturday, December 2.
Martyn Meade is moving his training establishment for Flat racehorses from Sefton Lodge in Newmarket to the historic training facilities of the Manton Estate just north of Marlborough.
Entries announced for first Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury: can Smad Place make the winner's enclosure again?
The popular grey Smad Place - trained by Alan King at Barbury Castle - is among 60 entries revealed (November 1) for the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury on the second day of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival, Saturday, December 2.
Equine Grass Sickness (EGS) is something most people who are involved with horses have heard of, yet many - like myself - are probably unaware of what it may involve.
Newbury racecourse prepares for new Ladbrokes Winter Carnival meeting - come summer will it welcome an Aussie star?
Newbury racecourse's long-serving clerk of the course, Richard Osgood, will be busy this month preparing the track and grounds for the new Ladbrokes Winter Carnival meeting on the first Friday and Saturday in December.
You can't really get away from the word: it's been a very eventful year for Marlborough's New Zealand eventers Jonelle and Tim Price. Their first child - a boy named Otis - was born on Wednesday, August 16. And now the eventing season has ended with Tim gaining second place in the world rankings.
Newbury Racecourse's last day of the Flat season sees Group 3 honours for Best Solution, Nebo & Frankie
The tenth running of Worthington's Armed Forces Raceday brought the curtain down on the 2017 Flat season at Newbury Racecourse - and included a treble for Frankie Dettori and two tantalising seconds for Manton trainer Brian Meehan.
More Articles ...
- Marlborough trainer Emma Lavelle's new jumps season gets off the mark at Ffos Las
- Interview: Local Flat jockey Jimmy Fortune on his career and why he decided to retire
- Brian Meehan is buying Manton's famed training yard and the historic gallops
- Second retirement for former racehorse Beware Chalk Pit - and a celebratory final show ring victory
- Eventing: New Zealand's Tim Price wins in Holland - riding his wife's ride Cekatinka
- Will Rawlin: local event rider heads to five-year-old championships with Elite Horse Owners support
- After a Hannon treble, James Garfield's star turn at Newbury was a real bonus for his newlywed trainer
- Newbury's Dubai Duty Free International Weekend to see a rivalry renewed
- Emma Lavelle took Casino Markets to the USA - a good experience for future sorties
- Local trainer Neil King's Open Day invitation - as he prepares for the new jump season
- Marlborough's Josie Symons and GB team crowned European champions
- Britain's Gemma Tattersall takes ex-racehorse Arctic Soul to win Gatcombe's ERM
- Still re-inventing eventing: how Event Rider Masters is opening up the sport
- Newbury Racecourse: John Francome honoured with renaming of novices' chase on Ladbrokes Trophy Day in December
- Hat trick for Fahey's northern powerhouse as Bengali Boys streaks home in Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury
- Michelle Williamson runs the White Horse Livery - & really enjoyed her first three star eventing at Barbury
- Can Richard Hannon's Epsom winner scoop Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury?
- Local Kiwi eventers aim for Nations Cup win at Aachen - with Chef d'Equipe Graeme Thom
- Event Rider Masters: will a superb contest & thrilling finish help to safeguard the future of Barbury Horse Trials?
- Twelve years on William Fox-Pitt puts his signature on Barbury again
- Barbury Horse Trials Day Three: France's Thomas Carlile takes the lead in a thrilling dressage phase
- Barbury Horse Trials - Day Two: Britain's Kristina Cook leads in the CIC three star
- Fox-Pitt leads CIC*** dressage at St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials
- Trainer Alan King fined: Champion Hurdle favourite Yanworth failed drug test
- World’s best event riders set for Barbury battle - as Andrew Nicholson targets sixth consecutive Barbury win
- Local racehorse Fidelity stays faithful to second place
- At Newbury you get entertaining racing & the chance to turn a pound stake into seventy quid on the Tote
- Jonelle Price: pregnancy means she will miss Barbury - her favourite event
- SUPPORTING THE EQUESTRIAN INDUSTRY: how Chapel Forge Farriers & their apprentices provide an equine podiatry service from foal to racehorse
- Event Rider Masters: next stop Barbury as Britain’s Sarah Cohen wins second leg in Germany
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce long-listed for British squad at Young Rider European Championships
- Marlborough Downs are one training yard down as George Baker Racing moves on
- Barbury launches business club to reach Wiltshire enterprises
- Newbury's big day on the flat: a Godolphin double and wins for local trainers Hannon & Charlton
- The Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes - the centrepiece of Newbury Racecourse’s richest race-day
- SUPPORTING THE LOCAL EQUESTRIAN INDUSTRY: behind the scenes with a vet from Wessex Equine
- Galileo Gold & Ribchester head acceptors for Newbury Racecourse’s £350,000 Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes
- July 2017: St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials to introduce arena eventing & ERM commentary for all
- Eventing: Andrew Nicholson wins his first Badminton - riding Nereo
- The magic is back: for Frankie Dettori & Galileo Gold Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes cannot come soon enough
- Badminton call heralds breakthrough for Lissa Green and Ali G
- Classic contenders and Royal winner headline Dubai Duty Free Spring Trials Saturday
- Emma Lavelle's first year training on the Marlborough Downs sees her nearly double her winners
- Newbury Racecourse's flat season gets off to a fine start with the Spring Trials Weekend
- Trainer George Baker to leave his Manton yard
- Retraining of Racehorses: the story of the stellar second career of Marlborough owned & trained racehorse Beware Chalk Pit
- Laura Thomas: local point-to-point trainer's 'cracking season' - with an added hunter chase victory
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - sun, crowds, fun, firm going...and not many runners
- Eventing: On the way to Badminton - Riddle Master gets some professional 'yoga'
- Andrew Nicholson set for another busy eventing season - as his horse Asis becomes As Is