Worthington’s Armed Forces Raceday returns on Saturday 27 October 2018 at Newbury Racecourse. In keeping with the 100-year anniversary of the end of the first World War and 100 years of the RAF, the day will be filled with military activity and entertainment for everyone to enjoy.
October the first...the start of the Jumps season is well in sight...and preparations have been underway for several months at the Marlborough area's training yards.
The 2018 season at Salisbury Racecourse, which runs solely on the Flat, comes to a close on October 3 with the £20,000 Weatherbys Handicap Stakes and a selection of races for two-year olds.
Ian Balding has been paying tribute to the best horse he ever trained as he recalls the life and career of the great Mill Reef, one of the most popular racehorses of all time, who was born 50 years ago this year.
More than 200 visitors and owners went to Neil King's Ridgeway Racing yard near Barbury Castle for his annual open day - looking ahead to the coming jumps season, his fifth at Upper Herdswick farm.
Eventing profile: after a year in the Marlborough area & a good season, Georgie Strang looks to next year's challenges
And it's been a good year for her: "I'm really pleased with our progress - it's been educational for myself and the horses. My younger horses have stepped up and I have some new young horses too. And Cooley Earl and I completed Badminton."It has been a year of change for eventer Georgie Strang - her first year in the Marlborough area.
Newbury Racecourse sees Ed Barrett’s truly remarkable walk for charity, lots of rain and good racing
To have a flutter - and keep the bookies in profit? To be with chums? To watch extraordinary horses?Why do we go to the races? For the sport?
Great Britain's eventers won the team gold medal at the eighth World Equestrian Games at Tryon, North Carolina - and Ros Canter on Allstar B took the individual gold.
Eventing: Team Price's year crowned with Tim's fine Burghley win - next up for the 'golden couple' the World Games
"What a super year" said Tim Price after his victory in the land Rover Burghley Horse Trials on Ringwood Skyboy.
More Articles ...
- My ride in Glorious Goodwood's 2018 Magnolia Cup - the premier charity race for amateur women riders
- Eventing: Tim Price eyes Burghley crown
- Sir Dancealot's fine season continues as he takes Newbury's Hungerford Stakes
- A Newbury summer raceday giving pride of place to young blood - horses & riders - and there's a new face at the course
- Three local eventers picked for New Zealand's team at September's World Equestrian Games
- Seconds away from victory for Wiltshire eventer Georgie Strang at Hickstead
- World Equestrian Games: New Zealand eventers hit hard by injury to a winning team's horse
- Delight for Richard Hannon as 16/1 Ginger Nut proves tough in Newbury's Super Sprint
- New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
- Salisbury races: Ladies Evening sees a popular De Sousa treble - & fashions galore
- Para-equestrian dressage rider has to forego selection to represent Great Britain
- Newbury Racing: Signora Cabello among 56 confirmations for Weatherbys Super Sprint
- Wesko's back! In France Tim Price and Wesko take second place at fifth Event Rider Masters leg
- Barbury Horse Trials leg of 2018 Event Rider Masters goes to France - with an amazing performance by Tom Carlile & Upsilon
- Barbury Horse Trials: local eventers leave the jockeys behind in spirited charity relay challenge
- Barbury Horse Trials with international stars of eventing - top horses - top riders - and there's fun for grown-ups & kids too
- Newbury Racecourse introduces the new £100,000 JLT Cup
- Andrew Nicholson honoured in New Zealand's Queen's Birthday Honours
- 2015 World Hurdle winner Cole Harden retires to Greatwood
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce is on a busy gap year - with a busy competition season finally underway
- Newbury Racecourse's Lockinge Day: some great racing, fine sunshine, no violence - and the wedding
- Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
- Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
- Eventing star Nereo - who with Andrew Nicholson aboard delighted the crowds so often - is retired
- Jonelle Price wins Badminton - tremendous achievement and a great day for motherhood!
- New Zealander Blyth Tait to design novice course at St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials
- Local artist's Drinking Horse sculpture gets its own winner's enclosure at Newbury Racecourse
- Local trainers - and Frankie - make waves at Newbury Racecourse's first weekend of the Flat season
- Local eventer Flora Harris is well prepared for a third Badminton completion
- Salisbury Racecourse has a rich history - and a record-breaking season ahead
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point draws a large - if rather wet - crowd to watch some great racing
- Locally trained entry confirmed for the Grand National: Milansbar will run with Bryony Frost aboard
- Off to a flying start: Martyn Meade's Chilean is his first runner and first winner out of Manton
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - but first tomorrow's jockeys take their turn
- Rain and snow and more rain: the weather will have a lasting effect on equestrian sport
- PREVIEW: Tedworth Point-to-Point at Barbury Racecourse - a full card expected with ninety-three entries
- Petition saves life of disabled driving group's horse - for now
- Larkhill's Avon Vale Races to celebrate James McNeile's life & memory - at the anniversary of his death
- Dates for the diary: St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials box office now open
- Lambourn Open Day VERY curtailed due to wet conditions
- End of Newbury's jump racing season marked with popular prizes
- 'The Newburys' - the racecourse celebrates the stars of their Jump racing season
- New Eventing Club gives access to enthusiasts - once the season gets clear of snow
- Cheltenham Festival final day declarations: Redicean is the big local interest, but can Nicky Henderson make it a Festival hat trick?
- Cheltenham 2018: declarations for Thursday - & a local duel in the Stayers' Hurdle
- Local interest for Cheltenham Festival's Wednesday/Day Two - but first rain and then Altior are headline news
- Local trainers' close watch on the Cheltenham Festival going as rain takes its toll
- Keith Ottesen appointed Clerk of the Course at Newbury Racecourse
- The Cheltenham Festival build-up: horses to watch from trainer Alan King's Barbury Castle yard