At present, Barbury trainer Laura Thomas has twenty horses at her yard, but she is standing back from training pointers to concentrate on pre-training, rehabilitation and box rest for racehorses - mainly for Alan King whose yard is just over the hill.
Preview: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point takes on its new pre-Christmas & post Cheltenham date
This is because it has moved the fixture from a January to December - to follow on from Cheltenham's two-day International Meeting.The Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point on Sunday (December 16) is its second 2018 appearance.
Elegant Escape favourite of 23 runners for Ladbrokes Trophy - Dingo Dollar & Black Corton in good shape for £250,000 Newbury highlight
Ante-post favourite Elegant Escape headlines the 23 five-day acceptors for the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury (Saturday, December 1) - the highlight of day two of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
With the unfortunate closure of Hackwood Park at the end of last season, organisers of the Vine & Craven point-to-point have moved from their traditional Easter Monday slot to Sunday, November 25 at Barbury Castle - hoping to benefit from owners and trainers wanting to run their horses before Christmas.
The eventing season may be over in Europe, but there is always the indoor eventing season to keep to keep Marlborough area eventers and their horses competing.
Newbury: Sizing Tennessee leads Tizzard one-two in £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy - local interest Dingo Dollar is third
It may have rained for much of the afternoon on day two of Newbury's 2018 Ladbrokes Winter Carnival (Saturday, December 1), but the feature race - the £250,000 G3 Ladbrokes Trophy - turned into a Tizzard blizzard - led by Sizing Tennessee.
Winners of the two maiden races at the prestigious Barbury International fixture (December 16) are set to be rewarded with a voucher worth £1,000 to spend at any Irish sale thanks to a new initiative between Barbury and Irish Thoroughbred Marketing.
Around 200 annual members of Newbury Racecourse and the press assembled on Tuesday morning for a preview of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival - and especially the Ladbrokes Trophy (December 1).
Punters were out in force on Thursday (November 7) at Newbury Racecourse spotting horses to follow as the jumps season progresses.
More Articles ...
- Defending champion Total Recall, Terrefort & Thistlecrack head entries for Newbury's £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy
- Bucket list opportunity - with added silks
- Betway announced as new sponsor for Grade 1 Challow Novices' Hurdle at Newbury
- Newbury Racecourse's Flat season ends on a military note - and marks two centenaries
- New Jumps season: preparations and prospects for Emma Lavelle Racing
- Eventing profile: after a year in the Marlborough area & a good season, Georgie Strang looks to next year's challenges
- Salisbury Racecourse: a review of the season as its final meeting approaches
- Newbury Racecourse sees Ed Barrett’s truly remarkable walk for charity, lots of rain and good racing
- Newbury racing: Ian Balding remembers Mill Reef - fifty years after the great horse's birth
- Eventing: Great Britain team's two gold medals at World Equestrian Games
- Neil King's Milansbar to target the Grand National again
- Eventing: Team Price's year crowned with Tim's fine Burghley win - next up for the 'golden couple' the World Games
- My ride in Glorious Goodwood's 2018 Magnolia Cup - the premier charity race for amateur women riders
- Eventing: Tim Price eyes Burghley crown
- Sir Dancealot's fine season continues as he takes Newbury's Hungerford Stakes
- A Newbury summer raceday giving pride of place to young blood - horses & riders - and there's a new face at the course
- Three local eventers picked for New Zealand's team at September's World Equestrian Games
- Seconds away from victory for Wiltshire eventer Georgie Strang at Hickstead
- World Equestrian Games: New Zealand eventers hit hard by injury to a winning team's horse
- Delight for Richard Hannon as 16/1 Ginger Nut proves tough in Newbury's Super Sprint
- New Greatwood scheme addresses trauma effects in members of forces, emergency services & their families
- Salisbury races: Ladies Evening sees a popular De Sousa treble - & fashions galore
- Para-equestrian dressage rider has to forego selection to represent Great Britain
- Newbury Racing: Signora Cabello among 56 confirmations for Weatherbys Super Sprint
- Wesko's back! In France Tim Price and Wesko take second place at fifth Event Rider Masters leg
- Barbury Horse Trials leg of 2018 Event Rider Masters goes to France - with an amazing performance by Tom Carlile & Upsilon
- Barbury Horse Trials: local eventers leave the jockeys behind in spirited charity relay challenge
- Barbury Horse Trials with international stars of eventing - top horses - top riders - and there's fun for grown-ups & kids too
- Newbury Racecourse introduces the new £100,000 JLT Cup
- Andrew Nicholson honoured in New Zealand's Queen's Birthday Honours
- 2015 World Hurdle winner Cole Harden retires to Greatwood
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce is on a busy gap year - with a busy competition season finally underway
- Newbury Racecourse's Lockinge Day: some great racing, fine sunshine, no violence - and the wedding
- Georgie Strang joins Wiltshire's international eventing elite - moving to Sir Mark Todd's Badgerstown base
- Can Limato win Newbury's Lockinge mile on Saturday? He’s on song & “He likes sunshine and hard ground"
- Eventing star Nereo - who with Andrew Nicholson aboard delighted the crowds so often - is retired
- Jonelle Price wins Badminton - tremendous achievement and a great day for motherhood!
- New Zealander Blyth Tait to design novice course at St James’s Place Barbury Horse Trials
- Local artist's Drinking Horse sculpture gets its own winner's enclosure at Newbury Racecourse
- Local trainers - and Frankie - make waves at Newbury Racecourse's first weekend of the Flat season
- Local eventer Flora Harris is well prepared for a third Badminton completion
- Salisbury Racecourse has a rich history - and a record-breaking season ahead
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point draws a large - if rather wet - crowd to watch some great racing
- Locally trained entry confirmed for the Grand National: Milansbar will run with Bryony Frost aboard
- Off to a flying start: Martyn Meade's Chilean is his first runner and first winner out of Manton
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - but first tomorrow's jockeys take their turn
- Rain and snow and more rain: the weather will have a lasting effect on equestrian sport
- PREVIEW: Tedworth Point-to-Point at Barbury Racecourse - a full card expected with ninety-three entries
- Petition saves life of disabled driving group's horse - for now