Marlborough’s Josie Symons has helped Great Britain win a stunning team gold at the International Equestrian Federation's European Showjumping Championship 2017 for Young Riders, Juniors and Children on Horses in Samorin, Slovakia (8-13 August).
Great Britain’s Gemma Tattersall stamped her dominance on the 2017 Event Rider Master series by winning last weekend's fifth leg at Gatcombe Park Festival of British Eventing.
Newbury Racecourse: John Francome honoured with renaming of novices' chase on Ladbrokes Trophy Day in December
The Grade 2 novices' chase run over almost three miles on Ladbrokes Trophy Day, Saturday, December 2, 2017, at Newbury Racecourse has had its title changed to honour John Francome MBE.
Michelle Williamson runs the White Horse Livery - & really enjoyed her first three star eventing at Barbury
It is not only the headliners and international star riders who get a unique buzz from competing at the Barbury International Horse Trials. For local rider Michelle Williamson this month's Barbury was her first ever three star competition. Did she enjoy it? You bet she did.
The Marlborough area is home to many of New Zealand's top eventers and two of them will be travelling to Aachen this week to represent their country in the sixth round of the 2017 Nations Cup Series competition (July 20-22.)
Eventing fans - and eventing hopefuls - were glued to Twitter at nine o'clock last Wednesday evening as the chosen competitors for fifth leg of the 2017 Event Rider Masters (ERM) CIC series were announced to the world - one by one and in reverse order.
Hat trick for Fahey's northern powerhouse as Bengali Boys streaks home in Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury
At a pretty wet Newbury Racecourse, Bengali Boys gave North Yorkshire trainer Richard Fahey his third success in five years in the £250,000 Weatherbys Super Sprint. Bengali Boys routed the opposition in the highlight race of Weatherbys Super Sprint Day - with after racing entertainment from Jess Glynne (Saturday, July 22).
Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon has the top weight entry for Saturday's (July 22) £250,000 five furlong Weatherbys Super Sprint, which is the highlight of the seven-race card at Newbury on Weatherbys Super Sprint Day - with the added attraction of singer Jess Glynne performing after racing.
Event Rider Masters: will a superb contest & thrilling finish help to safeguard the future of Barbury Horse Trials?
The new owner of the Barbury Castle Estate, Chris Woodhouse, presented one of the prizes at the end of the thrilling third leg of the 2017 Event Rider Masters (ERM) contest on Sunday (July 9) at the St James's Place Barbury International Horse Trials.
More Articles ...
- Twelve years on William Fox-Pitt puts his signature on Barbury again
- Barbury Horse Trials Day Three: France's Thomas Carlile takes the lead in a thrilling dressage phase
- Barbury Horse Trials - Day Two: Britain's Kristina Cook leads in the CIC three star
- Fox-Pitt leads CIC*** dressage at St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials
- Trainer Alan King fined: Champion Hurdle favourite Yanworth failed drug test
- World’s best event riders set for Barbury battle - as Andrew Nicholson targets sixth consecutive Barbury win
- Local racehorse Fidelity stays faithful to second place
- At Newbury you get entertaining racing & the chance to turn a pound stake into seventy quid on the Tote
- Jonelle Price: pregnancy means she will miss Barbury - her favourite event
- SUPPORTING THE EQUESTRIAN INDUSTRY: how Chapel Forge Farriers & their apprentices provide an equine podiatry service from foal to racehorse
- Event Rider Masters: next stop Barbury as Britain’s Sarah Cohen wins second leg in Germany
- Eventer Chelsea Pearce long-listed for British squad at Young Rider European Championships
- Marlborough Downs are one training yard down as George Baker Racing moves on
- Barbury launches business club to reach Wiltshire enterprises
- Newbury's big day on the flat: a Godolphin double and wins for local trainers Hannon & Charlton
- The Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes - the centrepiece of Newbury Racecourse’s richest race-day
- SUPPORTING THE LOCAL EQUESTRIAN INDUSTRY: behind the scenes with a vet from Wessex Equine
- Galileo Gold & Ribchester head acceptors for Newbury Racecourse’s £350,000 Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes
- July 2017: St. James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials to introduce arena eventing & ERM commentary for all
- Eventing: Andrew Nicholson wins his first Badminton - riding Nereo
- The magic is back: for Frankie Dettori & Galileo Gold Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes cannot come soon enough
- Badminton call heralds breakthrough for Lissa Green and Ali G
- Classic contenders and Royal winner headline Dubai Duty Free Spring Trials Saturday
- Emma Lavelle's first year training on the Marlborough Downs sees her nearly double her winners
- Newbury Racecourse's flat season gets off to a fine start with the Spring Trials Weekend
- Trainer George Baker to leave his Manton yard
- Retraining of Racehorses: the story of the stellar second career of Marlborough owned & trained racehorse Beware Chalk Pit
- Laura Thomas: local point-to-point trainer's 'cracking season' - with an added hunter chase victory
- Tedworth Point-to-Point - sun, crowds, fun, firm going...and not many runners
- Eventing: On the way to Badminton - Riddle Master gets some professional 'yoga'
- Andrew Nicholson set for another busy eventing season - as his horse Asis becomes As Is
- £90,000 raised at Newbury Racecourse's Greatwood charity raceday
- Cheltenham Festival: local star Lil Rockerfeller goes for gold in the Sun Bets Stayers' Hurdle
- Jan Perrins talks to former jockey, Cheltenham specialist & trainer Andy Turnell at Broad Hinton: what does he think of the Grand National now?
- Newbury Racecourse announces The Ladbrokes Winter Carnival as the Hennessy Gold Cup morphs into the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Newbury's annual Greatwood Charity Raceday fields some punters' favourites - and a fascinating charity race
- Manton Assistant Trainer Rory O'Dowd wins a Godolphin prize - and visits Westminster
- Event Rider Masters confirm 2017 contests - including July's Barbury International Horse Trials
- Lambourn Open Day re-named in honour of Many Clouds
- Barbury Racecourse preview: Vine & Craven point-to-point promises strong entries, competitive races & local interest
- Paul Nicholls pleased with preparations for Newbury's major Betfair Super Saturday
- It's the Ladbrokes Gold Cup - leading bookmaker to sponsor Newbury Racecourse's flagship winter jumps meeting
- Weights for Newbury's Betfair Hurdle: 15/2 favourite Ballyandy handed 10st 6lb
- A truly bumper event: full report on the first Barbury International point-to-point
- Inaugural Barbury International Point-to-Point draws a big crowd - and scores a number of welcome firsts
- Barbury International: Tattersalls Ireland sale offer to inaugural point-to-point's winners
- St James’s Place sponsors award for leading trainer at first ever Barbury International point-to-point
- Local trainer Neil King buys top price Canyon City as hurdle prospect
- Eventing - the Olympic changes: New Zealanders fear dumbing down of their sport
- Eventing: FEI votes in favour of teams of three for the Tokyo Olympics