A great day at the office for the New Zealand couple who live in Marlborough.It was Tim Price's first win in an Event Rider Masters (ERM) competition - and his wife Jonelle took second place.
The temporary stabling for up to a thousand horses are built and the main marquee is up.Up on the Marlborough Downs, preparations for the Barbury International Horse Trials (July 4-7) are on schedule at the Barbury Castle Estate.
New Zealand's Tim Price - recently named world's No. 1 eventer - has added another top trophy to the cabinet - this time taking out the Longines CCI5*-L at the Luhmuhlen Horse Trials in Germany (June 16).
She won the world's toughest, longest horse race - or pony race - and has written a compelling account of her victory
Six years later this niece of Lucinda Green has written an astonishing book about her race: Rough Magic.In 2013, on a bit of a whim, Lara Prior-Palmer travelled to Mongolia and became the first woman - and the youngest competitor - to win 'the world’s longest, toughest horse race'.
Antonia De Vega, winner of last year’s Group 3 Prestige Stakes, is ready to make her first start of the campaign in what promises to be another informative running of the Listed Johnnie Lewis Memorial British EBF Stakes for fillies at Newbury (June 13).
Salisbury racecourse hosted their Family Father’s Day race meeting, with a crowd of 5,000 including children (June 16) and Daddy’s Daughter was undoubtedly the most appropriately named winner of the day.
Newbury Races: She's in a class of her own - Antonia De Vega lands Johnnie Lewis Memorial race by four lengths
Antonia De Vegamay have earned the chance to emulate Sea Of Class in the Irish Oaks after coming from last to first to run out a clear cut winner of Newbury’s feature race (June 13), the Listed Johnnie Lewis Memorial British EBF Stakes.
It was unseasonably damp and cold at Salisbury for their fifth fixture of the season (June 11). 32 millimetres of rain in the 18 hours before racing left the ground soft, heavy in places.
Tim Price has made it to the top spot in the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) World Eventing Rankings announced yesterday (June 4).
More Articles ...
- Thirty days to go to 2019's Barbury International Horse Trials
- For the record: Oisin Murphy wins at Salisbury's 'Spire FM Back on the Track' meeting - will he be racecourse champion again?
- Newbury's model of consistency: Mustashry delivers eighth Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes victory for serial winner Stoute
- Salisbury on Thursday last week - 16 May
- Newbury declarations: can Romanised upset the odds again & spring an Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes surprise
- Laurens could be this year’s ‘superstar miler’ as she heads to Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes
- Salisbury Races: Jockey David Probert stole the show riding a double at their season's first evening meeting - sponsored by William Hill
- Rising star Jason Watson is Newbury Racecourse's 2019 ambassador for the Flat season & young racegoers
- Can the O-Brien filly I CAN FLY equal RHODODENDRON's 2018 Lockinge victory
- Defending Badminton champion withdraws
- Big fields and keen racing mark Salisbury's first raceday of the season
- Eventing: Marlborough's Tim Price takes third place at the Kentucky five star
- Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes: can Beat The Bank open his Group 1 account?
- Salisbury Racecourse's new season off to a family day start - with an added touch of history
- Newbury's Greenham Stakes: Mohaather win sets 2,000 Guineas poser - The Queen visits & Alan King takes the Spring Cup
- Newbury's Greenham Stakes loses Too Darn Hot - will Great Scot now take the prize
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point sees a resounding Phil York treble
- Can Too Darn Hot launch his Classic campaign with a win in Newbury's Greenham Stakes
- Appleby hoping Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes can provide next Magic moment in Newbury's Group 1 showpiece
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Hunt point-to-point attracts leading horses - & two pony races
- After Cheltenham Festival glory, Paisley Park is set to rest till next season
- Newbury's emotional farewell to Noel Fehily who retired with a final winning ride
- Newbury's last jumps card of the season: Neil King's special winner
- Altior to lead parade of Henderson's Cheltenham champions at Newbury's jumps season finale
- Noel Fehily to finish his riding career at Newbury Racecourse - for many years his 'local track'
- Eventing supporters see how the Prices are set for their 2019 challenges
- New eventing season opens with a victory for local rider Chelsea Pearce
- CHELTENHAM PREVIEW: How do I get to Ogbourne Maizey? Where? Bonita Racing Stables? Oh, just ask for Paisley Park
- Newbury's Greatwood Raceday: San Benedeto gets Nicholls his number nine dream
- Newbury Races: Emitom could be a name to remember after his fifth win in a row
- Newbury Racecourse: can Paul Nicholls clinch a ninth Greatwood Gold Cup victory?
- Barbury Racecourse: rescheduled Vine & Craven meeting springs some surprises
- EVENTING PROFILE: as the new season approaches, New Zealander Jesse Campbell makes a new start - with his fiancée
- Barbury International Horse Trials get new team & need new sponsor
- MEETING ABANDONED DUE TO EQUINE FLU OUTBREAK PREVIEW: Barbury Racecourse is clear of snow & ready for season's second Vine & Craven point-to-point
- Event Rider Masters dump Barbury from their 2019 programme
- Denman gets permanent memorial at Newbury Racecourse with specially designed wrought iron gates
- Local star's four wins from four runs: Paisley Park gets closer still to Cheltenham Festival glory
- Keeping them racing all year round: Newbury's new Clerk of the Course has a weather eye on the turf
- Driving solo from west Wales to Mongolia raising funds for charity - with a stop-off to meet a local para-equestrian
- Newbury Racing: Betway Challow glory for Champ, a fond farewell for Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood & Richard Johnson's OBE
- Paisley Park gives owner, trainer and jockey a Grade 1 Christmas present at Ascot
- Newbury's Betway Challow Hurdle Day: first race will be named in honour of departing Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood
- Barbury International Point-to-Point's new date sees good support and great racing
- Laura Thomas: Barbury trainer faces economic truths - and keeps the pointers for fun
- Preview: Barbury International Racing Club's point-to-point takes on its new pre-Christmas & post Cheltenham date
- Newbury: Sizing Tennessee leads Tizzard one-two in £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy - local interest Dingo Dollar is third
- Elegant Escape favourite of 23 runners for Ladbrokes Trophy - Dingo Dollar & Black Corton in good shape for £250,000 Newbury highlight
- Barbury International point-to-point rewards young horse owners
- Barbury Racecourse point-to-point season opens with the Vine and Craven event