We now have five worthy winners drawn from a very large hat.A larger than expected number people entered our marlborough.news and marlboroughequestrian.news competition for five FREE pairs of tickets for the Ladbrokes Trophy day of Newbury Racecourse's Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
It had been a particularly busy week, with runners at Huntingdon, Kempton, Exeter, Chepstow and Newbury, but that didn’t stop local racehorse trainer, Emma Lavelle opening her doors on Friday morning to residents from the three nearby Ogbourne villages for the annual locals’ yard visit.
Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon had said that the four-year-old colt Raymond Tusk "...is the ideal type of horse to run (and hopefully win) a Melbourne Cup as he's still reltively lightly raced."
Lambourn trainers Nicky Henderson, Oliver Sherwood and Warren Greatrex are looking forward to the return of jumps racing at Newbury, which stages its first winter fixture of the 2019-20 campaign on Thursday (November 7).
A poet, a postman and a professional golfer are among the 69 owners of the Willie Mullins trained Cabaret Queen, who are dreaming of winning one of the most sought after prizes in jumps racing - the £250,000 Ladbrokes Trophy, run at Newbury on Saturday, November 30.
He remains unbeaten at the course.With a name like Champ there is a lot to live up to, but the jumper named after Sir AP McCoy demonstrated he could go right to the top over fences with an impressive chasing debut at Newbury on Thursday (7 November 2019).
Paisley Park, the champion staying hurdler, will gallop before the racing at Newbury on Thursday (November 7) as part of his preparation for a planned return to action at the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival on Friday 29 and Saturday, 30 November.
Now he is sending two of his star horses abroad in search of international glory - and big prize money.Marlborough trainer Richard Hannon was recently named the most successful trainer during Newbury's Flat season.
The news has come as a shock to the jump racing world.Wayne Hutchinson, whose career was so closely linked to Barbury Castle trainer Alan King, has announced his retirement.
More Articles ...
- Eventing: first CCI5* title for Tom McEwen - another ducking for Tim Price
- Bettys Hope Super Sprint success voted ‘Moment of the Season’ after outstanding Flat campaign at Newbury
- Alan King’s Trueshan looks stayer of the future after gutsy triumph in £50,000 Newbury feature
- They're back! Newbury's 2018 dead-heaters to face each other again in the course's last Flat card of the season
- COMPETITION: win tickets to Newbury Racecourse's big jumps day - the Ladbrokes Trophy
- Tim Price triumphs in France with seven year-old Happy Boy
- Champions Day: Withhold has earned the chance to take on Stradivarius, but ground concerns in-form Jason Watson
- Eventing: Marlborough locals bring home the Boekelo bacon
- Eventing: Christine Bates is flying high again on Adelaide Hill
- Newbury rounds off its Flat season with awards - including one you can vote for
- Worthington’s 'remember together' family raceday returns to Newbury Racecourse
- Emma Lavelle has a plan for Paisley Park's new season - and lots of other exciting prospects
- How the Elite Racing Club - and its partner syndicates - can make racehorse ownership into an affordable hobby
- Going greener: The Energy Check to be an official partner of Newbury Racecourse
- Pierre Lapin emulates half-brother Harry Angel with victory in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Barbury Castle trainer Alan King's exciting Flat prospect: Tritonic wins at Newbury - a Derby prospect?
- Can Pierre Lapin follow in the footsteps of half-brother Harry Angel in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes?
- Good evening for outsiders at Salisbury's Friday 13 meeting
- Busy week at Salisbury with success for Emaraaty Ana in Tuesday's main race
- New star of the season Mums Tipple could top the bill in Newbury's Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes
- Eventing: local Burghley champion lines up a trio to chase the 2019 crown
- Richard Hannon charity open day draws a large crowd - a chance to see behind the scenes & check out some star horses
- A Victorian 'DUEL': the young aristocrat won the girl & gambled away a fortune as her jilted fiancé sought revenge at England's racecourses
- Salisbury races: a 100-1 chance takes the opening race - a first win for Megan Trainor
- Victory for Lucy Jackson in Event Rider Masters' Irish leg : another New Zealand win
- Salisbury's 2-day summer meeting sees Oisin Murphy edge closer to clinching Champion Jockey title
- It’s not just the price tag: Glorious Journey bags biggest win in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- Newbury: Mulrennan spurns home comforts to steer Orlaith to Listed Byerley Stud success
- Elsworth star Sir Dancealot poised for history-making bid in Unibet Hungerford Stakes
- August meeting: Unibet to sponsor Hungerford Day at Newbury racecourse
- Newbury: Richard Hannon records 4,458-1 five-timer to reach 100 wins for the year
- Eventing: Champagne win as Classic Moet Takes British Open title
- Supreme New Zealand eventer Sir Mark Todd retires - to concentrate on racing
- Al Shaqab extends sponsorship of Newbury's Lockinge Stakes to 2024
- Salisbury Races: an evening for favourites - and favourite songs
- Newbury Races: medic Mitchell becomes first person with one eye to ride in British horse race
- From jump racing star to eventing - is Saphir du Rheu's second career about to take off?
- Marlborough Town Council presentation acknowledges Tim and Jonelle Price's achievements
- Newbury: Millman’s bargain buy takes Weatherbys Super Sprint - & a great comeback for Roger Charlton's Withhold
- Just seconds away: Tim Price & Wesko miss victory at Aachen - New Zealand 2nd in the Nations' Cup
- Newbury: Shadn blooms to deliver Rose Bowl win for new Qatari owner
- Newbury’s Super Sprint Day could see the Melbourne Ten blazers jumping for joy
- Salisbury's Ladies Evening fields a 50-1 winner - and traditional Best Dressed contests
- Fellowes hopes Carnwennan will be too sharp for top rivals in Newbury's £100,000 Marsh Cup
- Barbury International 2019 - final day: the 'King of Barbury' regains his crown
- Barbury International Day Three: Andrew Nicholson wins again - on As Is
- Barbury International Day Two: local New Zealanders on song - but O'Connor takes the Open Novice class
- Day one of the 2019 Barbury International Horse Trials: the emphasis was on young event horse classes
- Salisbury's Bibury Cup goes to Desert Icon - by a neck
- Jonelle and Tim Price top the field at Event Rider Masters third leg competition in Belgium