The 'King of Barbury', Andrew Nicholson (NZL), has regained his crown (July 7) – making it the fifth time he has won at this level at Barbury, but the first time riding Paul and Diana Ridgeon's Swallow Springs.CCI4*-S:
Piggy French (GBR) rode Alison Swinburn, John and Chloe Perry's Brookfield Quality (pictured above) to a win in 3* section A, the partnership's fourth win of the season.CCI3*-S section A:
Day one of the 2019 Barbury International Horse Trials: the emphasis was on young event horse classes
On Thursday (July 4) the focus at the 2019 Barbury International Horse Trials was very much on potential future stars of the sport - in the form of the Dubarry Burghley Young Event Horse entrants.
A great day at the office for the New Zealand couple who live in Marlborough.It was Tim Price's first win in an Event Rider Masters (ERM) competition - and his wife Jonelle took second place.
Salisbury racecourse hosted their Family Father’s Day race meeting, with a crowd of 5,000 including children (June 16) and Daddy’s Daughter was undoubtedly the most appropriately named winner of the day.
Barbury International Day Two: local New Zealanders on song - but O'Connor takes the Open Novice class
Austin O'Connor (IRL) won today's Open Novice section riding Calvin II. Austin took over the ride on the nine-year-old at the end of April this year, and already had a win and a runner up spot on their joint card before today.
A day eagerly anticipated by many in the Salisbury calendar is Bibury Cup Day – a race that has been run at the Netherhampton track since 1899.
The temporary stabling for up to a thousand horses are built and the main marquee is up.Up on the Marlborough Downs, preparations for the Barbury International Horse Trials (July 4-7) are on schedule at the Barbury Castle Estate.
New Zealand's Tim Price - recently named world's No. 1 eventer - has added another top trophy to the cabinet - this time taking out the Longines CCI5*-L at the Luhmuhlen Horse Trials in Germany (June 16).
More Articles ...
- Newbury Races: She's in a class of her own - Antonia De Vega lands Johnnie Lewis Memorial race by four lengths
- She won the world's toughest, longest horse race - or pony race - and has written a compelling account of her victory
- Salisbury racecourse defies the weather to give punters a card with debuts and surprises
- Newbury: Antonia De Vega's new campaign starts in race last won by Sea Of Class
- Top of the world: Tim Price takes first place in the international eventing rankings
- Thirty days to go to 2019's Barbury International Horse Trials
- For the record: Oisin Murphy wins at Salisbury's 'Spire FM Back on the Track' meeting - will he be racecourse champion again?
- Newbury's model of consistency: Mustashry delivers eighth Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes victory for serial winner Stoute
- Salisbury on Thursday last week - 16 May
- Newbury declarations: can Romanised upset the odds again & spring an Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes surprise
- Laurens could be this year’s ‘superstar miler’ as she heads to Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes
- Salisbury Races: Jockey David Probert stole the show riding a double at their season's first evening meeting - sponsored by William Hill
- Rising star Jason Watson is Newbury Racecourse's 2019 ambassador for the Flat season & young racegoers
- Can the O-Brien filly I CAN FLY equal RHODODENDRON's 2018 Lockinge victory
- Defending Badminton champion withdraws
- Big fields and keen racing mark Salisbury's first raceday of the season
- Eventing: Marlborough's Tim Price takes third place at the Kentucky five star
- Newbury's Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes: can Beat The Bank open his Group 1 account?
- Salisbury Racecourse's new season off to a family day start - with an added touch of history
- Newbury's Greenham Stakes: Mohaather win sets 2,000 Guineas poser - The Queen visits & Alan King takes the Spring Cup
- Newbury's Greenham Stakes loses Too Darn Hot - will Great Scot now take the prize
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Point-to-Point sees a resounding Phil York treble
- Can Too Darn Hot launch his Classic campaign with a win in Newbury's Greenham Stakes
- Appleby hoping Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes can provide next Magic moment in Newbury's Group 1 showpiece
- Barbury Racecourse: Tedworth Hunt point-to-point attracts leading horses - & two pony races
- After Cheltenham Festival glory, Paisley Park is set to rest till next season
- Newbury's emotional farewell to Noel Fehily who retired with a final winning ride
- Newbury's last jumps card of the season: Neil King's special winner
- Altior to lead parade of Henderson's Cheltenham champions at Newbury's jumps season finale
- Noel Fehily to finish his riding career at Newbury Racecourse - for many years his 'local track'
- Eventing supporters see how the Prices are set for their 2019 challenges
- New eventing season opens with a victory for local rider Chelsea Pearce
- CHELTENHAM PREVIEW: How do I get to Ogbourne Maizey? Where? Bonita Racing Stables? Oh, just ask for Paisley Park
- Newbury's Greatwood Raceday: San Benedeto gets Nicholls his number nine dream
- Newbury Races: Emitom could be a name to remember after his fifth win in a row
- Newbury Racecourse: can Paul Nicholls clinch a ninth Greatwood Gold Cup victory?
- Barbury Racecourse: rescheduled Vine & Craven meeting springs some surprises
- EVENTING PROFILE: as the new season approaches, New Zealander Jesse Campbell makes a new start - with his fiancée
- Barbury International Horse Trials get new team & need new sponsor
- MEETING ABANDONED DUE TO EQUINE FLU OUTBREAK PREVIEW: Barbury Racecourse is clear of snow & ready for season's second Vine & Craven point-to-point
- Event Rider Masters dump Barbury from their 2019 programme
- Denman gets permanent memorial at Newbury Racecourse with specially designed wrought iron gates
- Local star's four wins from four runs: Paisley Park gets closer still to Cheltenham Festival glory
- Keeping them racing all year round: Newbury's new Clerk of the Course has a weather eye on the turf
- Driving solo from west Wales to Mongolia raising funds for charity - with a stop-off to meet a local para-equestrian
- Newbury Racing: Betway Challow glory for Champ, a fond farewell for Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood & Richard Johnson's OBE
- Paisley Park gives owner, trainer and jockey a Grade 1 Christmas present at Ascot
- Newbury's Betway Challow Hurdle Day: first race will be named in honour of departing Clerk of the Course Richard Osgood
- Barbury International Point-to-Point's new date sees good support and great racing
- Laura Thomas: Barbury trainer faces economic truths - and keeps the pointers for fun